“Phenomenal!”

The Schooner Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Legendary Seafood & Steakhouse Locally owned, proudly destroying appetites since 1949. Casual dining, Fine dining, Oyster bar, Cocktails lounge and Tap house. Unrivalled ocean and mountain views. Great patio, centrally located.
Toronto, Canada
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

You must try Bawden Bay halibut! The best ever! Excellent sommelier service - we had a great pairing with an Okanagan wine!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Pia K

Kirkland Lake, Canada
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wen with my spouse, I had the seafood trio and he had the ribs, the food was amazing. Great presentation, great portion and lots of variety. My dish included scallops but the waiter told me they were out of them when we sat down so, although he made me aware and I appreciated that, it would have only made the dish even better. Sat upstairs and had a window view. Fruity drinks I ordered were very good. The waiter was attentive and cute too! The price was a little steep but it was seafood and and ribs in a higher end restaurant. It was a bit confusing also cause there was a sign going in saying $1 oysters and then when we went upstairs we over heard the other waiter telling new guests but we were never told such and when I asked the waiter he said they didn't have that deal so, did they or didn't they? I would have liked some if they had. :C

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mahalia1980
Calgary, Canada
“The Best Seafood in Tofino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Schooner's is so good my wife and I and another couple ate here twice in a four-night stay in the Tofino area. Both the food and the service were outstanding. Sean, our sommelier, recommended Schooner's signature Halibut Bawden Bay on the first night and the Long Boarding Salmon on the second and provided perfect pairings with each.

2 Thank hbdingle
Prince George, Canada
“OMG Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I can't sing enough wonderful praises! we had THE best dinner here! the food was out of this world delicious! the wait staff was very attentive and friendly! The Schooner manages to be upscale dining but also VERY family friendly! my husband and I took our 6 and 8 year old children with us ... and we didnt feel out of place (there were other families also eating here ... as well as couples on romantic dates) ... and they had a great kids menu! our whole family loved our dinner selections ... and can't wait to go back!

2 Thank LeahLoo
Dawson Creek, Canada
“Best Restaurant Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Because we always come to Tofino in December, most restaurants are closed for the season but not this one! Well, it was one night for a Christmas Party and the next night for an outside catering event but the third night we got in! And was it worth the wait. The restaurant is operated by a family I think...mother is the chef and her son is an awesome fun server! Our server was pretty darn good too! The food was to die for, I had a halibut dish that was out of this world and the french onion soup - divine!! Very good restaurant, small and quaint! Loved it!!

2 Thank Dorothy K