“Best Steak in Tofino!”

Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Legendary Seafood & Steakhouse Locally owned, proudly destroying appetites since 1949. Casual dining, Fine dining, Oyster bar, Cocktails lounge and Tap house. Unrivalled ocean and mountain views. Great patio, centrally located.
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Best Steak in Tofino!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My partner and I went to The Schooner for a birthday dinner. The entire experience was great! Our server was very attentive and helpful with wine and food suggestions. The steak was the best that my partner has ever had. I had the prawns which were also delicious. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Peady

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had been here several years ago. We still remembered the Chevre salad. it is now served on a bed of beets so we didn't bite this time.

Our waiter was very friendly and spoke of the owner and chief as his second mom. We understand why he liked her cooking so much. He helped us choose from their unique cocktails to start and told us what his favorite dish was which is a 30 year favorite the stuffed seafood Halibut.
We started with a cooked Nami Nori Oyster which was very tasty and the black and blue tuna, which was very tasty and perfectly done on top of the salad greens.

My wife ordered the stuffed halibut which was delicate, delicious and a generous portion. I ordered the surf and turf. which was a NY steak, perfectly done, very tasty being topped with hollandaise sauce atop yummy mashed potatoes, accompanied by a zucchini spaghetti, corn and 4 very tasty smallish prawns covered in garlic and butter. What a treat. We simply didn't have room for dessert. All for $140.00 including an 18% tip, Being off season they only part of the restaurant that was open was their second floor candle lit dining room. Much classier then the schooner themed restaurant downstairs. A delightful meal we will dine there when we come back to Tofino.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank crossroadsmassage
Pender Island, Canada
“Excellent and a Tasty Fresh Seafood Dish”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had a wonderful fresh Halibut Steak, which was superb. The service and ambience was equally responsive and very pleasant.

1 Thank LCplus
Victoria, Canada
“Very nice.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had the stuffed (seafood) Halibut and it was very tasty. My husband had the ribs & they were also very good. The portions were larger than expected for a more upscale restaurant. Neither my husband or myself were able to finish our meals. The service was fist rate. For our two meals & two drinks it was $100 (incl tip) so it's something we wouldn't do all the time but it was a nice treat.

1 Thank RedRose55
Whitehorse, Canada
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I came to Tofino after the long weekend in November. We had tried the previous 2 nights to order seafood at other restaurants with no success. Several people recommended the Schooner to us, so we gave it a try. They did not disappoint. We ordered several kinds of the oyster menu options, all were outstanding! We then had crab and the thai seafood bowl. The meals were good in size and great in flavour. The suggested wine pairings were also good. The atmosphere was inviting and comfortable. Our waitress was very friendly and made sure that we were well served. I would definitely recommend.