“Yummy breakfast”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were looking for a place for a quick breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised a the wide variety of wraps that were offered here. Each made to order, I modified my breakfast wrap. Eggs, bacon, creme cheese, avacado and salsa. it was very good. Reasonable price too.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not only was there service terrible, the food was as well. If you want to have a successful restaurant in Tofino you have to keep your standard up. Maybe they should try sweeping the floor or cleaning the counters, or try hiring staff that actually care. I do not recommend breakers, there are many other great options in Tofino. Hopefully they will clue in before the go out of business.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a clean sandwich shop that served fresh, real food. I had the turkey sandwich and my husband, the seared tuna. They were both tasty. I think my sandwich would have been better if they had toasted the focaccia bread but I was happy that all the ingredients were real food (I have a big problem with processed meat - it's not real food!!) The turkey meat was very moist too.

But the reason this shop ended up at an average overall rating is the wait. We went at a slow time (mid afternoon) and watched the cook leave the restaurant just before we ordered. I wondered about it but figured someone else was back in the kitchen. Nope.

There were a few other couples waiting with us and we all sat and waited, and waited and waited some more. Ironically there was a Tofino magazine sitting on the counter in front of us with some slogan about "Tofino Time". Oh don't worry, we actually do have all day to wait for a sandwich.

I appreciate the laid back feel of Tofino BUT I felt like this is used as an excuse to be slow. We may be on vacation and we may just be tourists but we are supporting your business. The fresh food 'saved' this place but if you go be prepared to wait and I wouldn't recommend going when this place is busy. oy.

last note: There is some indoor seating at a counter by the window and a few outdoor options but this is basically a take-out sandwich deli.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stopped in for a quick lunch. My wife and I had breakfast sandwiches which were extremely tasty. One of my daughters had a salad she said was the best salad she'd ever had.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went here after standing in long line at Common Loaf and not seeing anything we really felt like eating that we could pack to take. We had already passed RedCan which would of been great. Hard to get parking on street had to find the lot and walk over. Sandwiches did not have much to them- white bread, cheese and meat were just average. Foccacia bread was dry started coughing and had to drink water, only ate half. My kids pulled the sandwich apart and picked at it. We had to wait a long time for the sandwiches to be made. Maybe we should of ordered ones that were ready to go, but not sure if those would of tasted better? It served its purpose of having something to eat while visiting hot springs.