“Average to poor”

Greenroom Diner
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Greenroom Diner (at the Marina West Motel) has an unsurpassed location built right over the water in the town of Tofino. Enjoy our amazing views while sampling our diverse contemporary West Coast menu. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Service was ok. Food was mediocre. Good if you are looking for pub food in the pub where there was live entertainment ( open mike). I was a bit disappointed in the restaurant side. They do have good daily specials if you are on a budget.

1  Thank jeanettemh

Reviewed September 16, 2011

My wife and I had dinner at the Blue Heron Restaurant. We had the Thursday special: pork ribs with fries and salad. Everything was delicious. Portion sizes were great. Prices were awesome.

The evening we went, the power was out all over town. The Blue Heron was one of the few restaurants that had a working generator (or so we heard). The restaurant and the attached Dockside Pub were packed. Despite being short-staffed, the service was great. The servers did their best to take care of their tables. Thanks for a wonderful dinner.

Also, the view is incredible.

1  Thank jhoneyman
Reviewed September 6, 2011

If you want to kick back and enjoy a patio this is the place to go. We went early knowing that it was a pub and the action would spice up later on in the evening with live music. We are a group of almost retired travellers so we wanted to be finished and on our way before the pub got too busy. Great place to watch the charters come in with their catch. They clean and package the fish right below the deck so the group of us enjoyed watching the action. Have to watch out for the resident Gulls though, as they gather to catch the leftovers from the fish cleaning. Strong smell of fish, but, hey, you are on the docks!!! Waitress was happy and informative and food was great! We have a rule in our group, when in a pub, order the pub fare and you will enjoy your meal. Works almost everytime. The music is loud and the vibe is young, so do as we did and get there early! Great experience! We will go again.

1  Thank divinelavine
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I was furious by the time we left. We had breakfast at the Blue Heron, the waitress was more interested in talking with some people she knew instead of getting our meal out back which was getting cold, topping up our coffee. When it comes to the meal, I was actually disgusted. My eggs were runny, like the white, was not even cooked, the toasts were not toasted, and I got ONE SAUSAGE cut in half! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! It was possibly the worst meal I have ever had, very dissapointed because the place that's right beside was one of the best meals.

4  Thank thosick
Reviewed May 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Weigh West and went for breakfast at the Blue Heron on Saturday. The only option was the buffet which to our shock was 13$ and looked disgusting. The eggs were so old you could bounce them on the floor, the bacon was black and the sausages were overcooked. The waffles were soggy and there was no toast, bagels or fresh juice at all. Ultra Lame. Our server was apologetic, but not surprised. Avoid if possible!

3  Thank Canadiancarly