“A great find for a rainy day lunch! Food worth eating.”
Review of Sea Shanty Restaurant - CLOSED

Sea Shanty Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: The Owners Lewis & Cathy George would like to welcome you to the Shanty. We are very excited to offer a wide variety of seafood options. The best view in Tofino combined with great food and service promises you an unforgettable experience. Located on 300 Main Street Downtown Tofino on the waterfront.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really enjoyed a late afternoon lunch in the picturesque location. It was a Sunday afternoon in early November and pouring rain. We had the restaurant to ourselves. The server was personable and friendly but we never felt awkward being alone in the restaurant. The food was terrific. All of it was made from scratch -- it was the kind of taste experience you wish for each time you dine out.

Perhaps the meal was pricey. Probably to Be expected with such a fantastic view!

There are newer reviews for Sea Shanty Restaurant

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm picky when it comes to Restaurants and Foods and my husband dreads taking me out for dinner as I usually have something negative to say, but I'm extremely happy we gave this Restaurant a try and will be back!
I couldn't disagree more with the last review. The Lighting was right on and set the mood from arrival at dusk to when we left. We could easily see the food without having glaring lights over us and all around enjoyed the clean, warm atmosphere of wood, copper and many windows, overlooking the Harbor.
We had a delicious West Coast Dip Appetizer and I choose Blackened Halibut with Salsa and Seasonal Vegetables as Entree. The presentation of food is beautiful!! The ample halibut was moist and flaked perfectly, the organic broccoli was still crisp just the way I like it, the fennel naturally sweet but not overpowering and the pumpkin puree was a great addition and everything tasted balanced. The West Coast Banana Desert is worth the visit alone and know our daughter will love it too. Pricing was actually below what I expected for this caliber of food.
This will be our new favorite Restaurant on the West Coast whether for lunch, dinner or just desert and coffee.
Chef Margo, you don't disappoint!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The owner of our accomodation recommended this restaurant as 'family friendly':it might be the only game in town with a kids' menu.
The service was sooo slow and the lighting so dim. The kids got what they wanted and my aunt haggled over entre substitutions and finally got what she wanted and to be easy on my wallet I simply ordered crab legs (appetiser?). The lighting got so dim though I couldn't see what I was doing and anyone who eats crab legs would know you need a surgeon's lamp sometimes to find the morsels in the shellls. I was taking so long my aunt gave up on me and went back to our room with my daughter.
I ended up having to ask another waitress for help because ours disappeared (without a word as to that she was going on break, leaving for her own holiday, whatever). I considered leaving without paying at all and finally stomped up to cash, demanded they process my bill, and got the heck out of there. What a miserable expierience and pricey to boot. (Yes I still left a tip, though I regret it later)

1  Thank Riesling F
Himwitsa, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Shanty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2015

Hi Guest,

Thank you for your review. Over the years, we have gone through a shift in management, service staff and chef's. We can tell you that through reviews like yours over the years, we have implemented necessary changes as to nullify experiences like yours.

We hope that when you are in Tofino next, that you would please come in and allow us to prove this to you.

Cheers,

Marty Kukler

Sea Shanty Restaurant
Tofino, BC

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good location overlooking the ocean we had just been on. Service was friendly, they were busy. We had salmon and it was fresh and well cooked.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice small menu, each entree was delicious. Friendly, helpful waitstaff. I usually like to try a different restaurant each night, but I would go back to the Sea Shanty.

Margot B, Owner at Sea Shanty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you, thank you thank you. I really appreciate the time you took to post your thoughts. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your meal with us.
Warmest Regards,