“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spotted Bear - CLOSED

Spotted Bear
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had dinner here. Very casual, no need to dress up. Would suggest reserving a table as the restaurant is quite small. My wife had the Halibut with pork cheek and Octopus bacon, I had the salmon. Both meals were first class. Service was excellent.

• Visited August 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Loved the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had the tuna carpaccio (or was it ceviche? I don't remember) and it was delicious. Ordered the "Vietnamese" pho with seared tuna. I knew it wasn't going to be anything like real Vietnamese pho, but it still turned out to be really good. I usually don't drink the broth when I have pho, but the bowl was completely empty when I was finished. Presentation was simple, lots of glass jars, wooden planks, etc. Prices were on the high side, but I knew we were paying for quality. Great ambiance, I loved the open concept layout. The restaurant is very small and only has a few tables, if you really want to eat here, I'd suggest calling ahead. Great service from our lovely server, would definitely come back again when we're in Tofino.

• Visited May 2013
Ontario
“Delicious, deliscious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wow! What a restaurant! Not expensive and yet luscious food. The two chefs prepared it in front of our eyes. There were many people and many orders, but these guys worked calmly and even seemed to exchange jokes — despite the stress. It was like a culinary ballet. I will not forget that dinner any time soon. I recommend the chowder and potatoes. Thank you!

• Visited July 2013
Victoria
“Best find on the West Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Best place to eat - especially for dinner - in that little town. Wow. Total 5 Star from start to finish. We reviewed in the Globe and Mail and that is how we found out about it. Great server, great little bar list, fantastic food. Only a few tables so this place gets busy but you can see why. There was a line up the whole time we were eating and it was the middle of the week. We were a big table so pretty much ate the whole menu and not a single complaint among us. Open kitchen is cool too. Highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank littleguyprod
Fremont, CA
“Great salad & chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a 5* experience. The beet salad was a 4, the seafood chowder - 5, flank steak 4*, salmon with mushy peas - 5. The flank steak was a bit chewy, and came with creamy young roasted potatoes and chard. The salmon came with mushy peas. The chocolate sampler included a chocolate mousse, chocolate sponge cake & chocolate cookie - excellent meal. Reservations essential at peak times.

Visited July 2013