“A tiny restaurant with excellent food”
Review of Spotted Bear - CLOSED

Spotted Bear
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a little gem of a restaurant in Tofino, and I do mean little (as well as gem). We went there on a Thursday evening for dinner. We had to wait for a table, but the wait was surprisingly short given how few tables there are. It has an open kitchen with a bar immediately in front of the kitchen and the tables on the other side of the bar, all in one room. Among the three in our party, we had the Parisian gnocchi, the tuna nicoise, and the wild salmon with pea puree, glazed carrot, and horse-radish cream. All of us were quite pleased with our selections. Two of us had dessert, which we also enjoyed. In addition to the food, I loved the intimacy and openness of the place. The only drawback is that the kitchen ventilation wasn't quite sufficient to pull all of the cooking smoke out. It didn't bother me, but it did bother my wife.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Charming staff, great food, reserve as soon as you can because it's a small room with limited seating.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very small restaurant - very limited menu and then one item wasn't available so I was down to one choice as I have a seafood allergy. I had the flank steak and it was just okay. Won't return and don't recommend.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had wild salmon served on cooked peas. I was very surprised as it was so simply presented and had an amazing flavour to it. Being normally a fast eater, I really took my time and savoured every bit. With it, I had a small loaf of fresh hot bread with soft salted butter, which was just delicious. I really enjoyed this bistro and the wonderful culinary experience!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant in Tofino offers tasty food prepared and served with great creativity. It has an open kitchen which brings a very nice and cosy athmosphere. After our first dinner we immediately decided to make a reservation for a second one. Once again, it was very satisfactory. However, great cooks, please watch the cleaning of the cooker hood.

Thank R. B