“you want cheap fast chinese? you got it”
Review of Gary's Kitchen

Gary's Kitchen
Ranked #33 of 56 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“you want cheap fast chinese? you got it”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

if you want decent canadianised chinese, Gary's got it. I had it after surfing the day away and it did the job filling me up and kicked that fried goodness I was looking for (mind you, I ordered fried prawns and ginger beef and fried rice). Would go again

• Visited January 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Perfectly acceptable.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm another traveller who like their Chinese food fix, and "Gary's Cafe"(actually, Gary's Kitchen) fills the bill well. Definitely the usual "western" Chinese fare, but well prepared and tasty without being greasy. We ordered take-out: min order was Dry Garlic Pork, Chicken Chow Mein, and BBQ Pork Chop Suey, my travel partner ordered French Fries with gravy.
While not outstanding, my dishes were done well; the vegetables prefect ( not overly crisp nor mushy), and the Dry Garlic Pork was better than many other similar restaurants I've visited. Prices per dish were about a dollar higher than in larger cities, but the portion sizes were very good, so the slightly higher prices were quite ok. A nice touch was the fortune cookies added n/c to our order, something I've noticed is disappearing with other restaurants lately.
My partner reports her fries and gravy were very good, both in taste and portion size.
While the staff and ambiance inside the restaurant left something to be desired, the food was really quite good overall.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Island_Sherry
San Diego, California
“American style Chinese food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We knew going in that this wasn't really authentic Chinese food, but there's only so many days that we can eat wraps and fish and chips. It got the job done and we left full - 'nuff said.

Visited August 2012
Surrey, Canada
“Chinese food fix”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

When travelling, I have to stop and do at least one chinese dinner each trip. The food and service here were both quite good and the portion sizes were as large as you would find anywhere.

Visited August 2012
California
“Good food that does not break the bank.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I live in California about an hour from San Francisco. I eat Chinese all the time and Gary's does a great job for the clientele they are serving. I make the trek to Tofino twice a year to fish, and Gary's is a guaranteed stop. I have tried many restaurants in town. The Pointe is one of my favorites but I don't always have the money to drop $60 - 80 for a dinner. Gary's does the trick nicely for a good meal.

• Visited August 2011