“Chinese food fix”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012

When travelling, I have to stop and do at least one chinese dinner each trip. The food and service here were both quite good and the portion sizes were as large as you would find anywhere.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I live in California about an hour from San Francisco. I eat Chinese all the time and Gary's does a great job for the clientele they are serving. I make the trek to Tofino twice a year to fish, and Gary's is a guaranteed stop. I have tried many restaurants in town. The Pointe is one of my favorites but I don't always have the money to drop $60 - 80 for a dinner. Gary's does the trick nicely for a good meal.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Okay, so it's not a fancy restaurant. It's a little Chinese and "Western food" place tucked away next to the liquor store. No atmosphere and a somewhat... let's say "gruff" staff.

But the prices are reasonable, portions are good, and the food's not too bad at all. Oh, and they're actually open decent hours. In most other towns I wouldn't bother to give a place like this a review, but in Tofino it's getting harder and harder to find these four positive quantities. I guess my "Very Good" rating has more to do with the poor selection elsewhere.

I don't mind spending $50 for a great meal, but sometimes I just want to spend $15 on good, down-to-earth, tasty and filling food. There are a couple of other options for this in town, but not many.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

It's always fresh and tasty. They always seem happy to see you. Will definitely go back again.

1  Thank Lynda S
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Family run nice folks...... average chinese food..... the usual stuff.....and not too greasy...but the only place in town to find it.....bit pricey but so is everything in Tofino