“Great spot for coffee and breakfast”
Review of Cafe Vincente - CLOSED

Cafe Vincente
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Cafe Vincente is Tofino's hidden gem. Dine in or take out seating inside for 30 seating outside for 20. breakfast special $5.99 available all day. Home of Liz's famous Chili and Stu's Vegetarian curry stew
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A great little place we've been coming to for years and have never been disappointed. Service is always friendly and the breakfast items here are huge. You won't go away hungry. We love their coffee, especially the mocha. There's a great sitting area that's like being in your own living room.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I went to the restaurant this morning for a quick breakfast on our way out of town. Our overall impression of the establishment is really quite poor. First and foremost, any kitchen with an abundance of microwaves should be avoided. Almost all of us ordered soups, or curry, and everyone of them was microwaved. Not once, but twice, as they were all cold when they arrived to the table. My breakfast was consequentially cold by the time I had the chance to eat, as everyone else's food took about 10 minutes to arrive after I received my dish. The experience was the complete opposite of the one we had the previous night, at a restaurant down the road called "The Shelter", which was absolutely amazing in every aspect. If any of staff or owners of the restaurant are reading this review, you advertise serving organic foods, and you cook using a microwave, which completely defeats the purpose. Please throw the microwaves out, and invest in soup warmers instead. The food really did taste quite good, and the coffee was amazing! The thought alone of eating food that has been microwaved, ruins the experience. Otherwise, I really do think this place has potential.

2  Thank sbolduke
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I visit Tofino twice a year and every time we go to Vincente's for either breakfast or lunch. Torben and his crew, whether it is summer time and they are smokin' busy or in the winter time when quieter, offer excellent meals and their Mocha's are simply the best. Starbucks could learn a thing or two! The atmosphere is casual and very Tofino with the local folks being part of the charm. We love it and is our favorite place to eat. Well done Torben and we hope you keep this place going as is! Bob & Jan, Campbell River.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Specialty coffee the way you want it, skinny, almond milk, misto, americano, late, they do it all right every time. makes my day!
Also delicious brunch and lunch fare.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

No trip to Tofino is complete with our daily breakfast latte at Vincente. They take their time making them but it is worth the wait. So delicious and creamy.