“had better...”

Cafe Vincente
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Cafe Vincente is Tofino's hidden gem. Dine in or take out seating inside for 30 seating outside for 20. breakfast special $5.99 available all day. Home of Liz's famous Chili and Stu's Vegetarian curry stew
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We unfortunately had a bad experience here. Slow service, rude waitress, and cold food which was unexceptable because there were few other customers there at that time. We waited 40 min for our food our breakfast. They were fast to bring us our expensive bill.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is an awesome place to have a delicious meal! The first time we went there for lunch - having the chili and the curry. Both meals were excellent. The next time we had the big gun, the big wave and the tuna melt for breakfast. Not to forget about the yummy coffee! When we come back to Tofino next time this will be our first address to enjoy food and coffee again! We really felt welcome here. Thanks a lot guys for making our stay in beautiful Tofino even better!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Popped in here as wanted food quickly rather than wait for a table. It was just before closing time in the evening so quiet however they were happy to serve us. I had chilli which was great as wanted something warm and tasty after being out all day.

Would happily eat here again and had good service.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This small sandwich and coffee place did just fine for a couple of adults with two small children. Whie there is no kids menu per se, we were able to adapt a couple things to their taste. The place is very laid back but I found the people behind the counter pleasant. Not cheap...55 bucks for three sandwiches, a chili, a well made latte and two hot chocolates. But it was all fresh, the bread was artisanal and the flavours were good.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I to had a very bad experience at this location. It was almost 1 hour before food came. I asked repeatedly how much longer, same thing 5 minutes , 5 minutes etc. I said at one point can i have my money back as i could tell in the small kitchen our food hadn't even been started.
We were waiting at one of the tables outside and one of the young french guys came out with a 5 gallon bucket of ice cream and jumps on a scooter to deliver this ice cream somewhere. As he takes off he spins his back wheel spraying us with gravel. He was only gone a few minutes and came back flying in between the tables. He was choked about something as he thru his helmet on the ground and let out a few taber nacks.
Then went back to work behind the counter. These people have no idea about customer service what so ever. I watched this guy rip off a couple of sheets of paper towel and wipe the sweat away from his entire face, then proceeded to take money off customers and cook with out even washing up.

All I ordered was 2 pieces of toast that had nutella and a few slivers of strawberry on it and it took almost an hour. My wife had an egg & ham (lunch meat) on a croissant which she only ate half of because it was cold and terrible.

We were in Tofino for 5 days staying at my daughter & son-in-laws place. We figured we would let them sleep in while we went out for a bite. When we got back they asked where we went for breakfast. Right away my daughter says " Oh bad choice ". I told my son-in-law about the french guy and he said his name was phillipe. He didn't have much good to say about him. Said he was a hot head. Excellant choice for a people skill job.

I live in a small tourist town as well but we don't treat people like that. We want people to come back.

I am not rating this place because i have nothing good to say about it.

1  Thank 1copper1