“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!”
Review of Bella Pacifica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Bella Pacifica
Ranked #7 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Tofino
Nanaimo, Canada
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My hubby and I were going to take our girls camping here for July 2014. I put through a reservation online form and my credit card information (thinking that the payment would not be due till we stayed and accidentally forgetting about the "two-night" deposit). We received a call a few days later with no voice mail message. We called them back and spoke to a guy who had no idea what I was talking about. Gave him my information and he told me my card was declined. I politely responded that I thought nothing was due until we got there, and he then said, "ACTUALLY, we expect a desposit..." He was abrupt with me, had a chip on his shoulder or something because his whole tone and attitude stunk! Thanks Bella Pacifica you just made me NOT want to go to your campsite and almost not even go to Tofino considering the reviews I`ve read and my experience so far. Makes me think maybe the whole crew needs an attitude adjustment and a lesson in treating customers respectfully.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Annetta1986

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My favourite campground in Tofino by far. Spots range from right by the beach to a 5-7 minute walk. We got a spot on the water this time and it was lovely. Could walk along the beach all day here! Great for couples, families, anyone!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank asdfdee1 .
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We returned home today from our two day venture to Bella Pacifica and I wish we were still there. We found the beachside campsite absolutely perfect. With the beach within steps of our campsite and the sound of the waves coming in, it was like paradise. From the moment we arrived we found staff to be friendly and helpful. Bathrooms and shower area were kept clean by staff. The only issue with the bathroom was the stairs from beach level were steep and long. I would suggest that seniors consider this when they are booking. All in all it was a wonderful get away and we would highly recommend it to our friends. Bella Pacifica will definitely see us again!!!

Room Tip: Choose campsites on Ocean View in order to avoid the long staircase to the bathrooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stephanie b
ManagerofBP, Manager at Bella Pacifica, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi Stephanie B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bella Pacifica Campground.
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves Tofino is a Paradise. We appreciate all of your kind comments on the washroom cleanliness, and friendly staff. Its wonderful guests such as yourselves that make our days at Bella Pacifica the best. We can’t wait to have you back in the future.

Manager of Bella Pacifica Campground

Tofino B.C.
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spent 2 nights here in the off season so got a reasonably good rate (considering this is Tofino): $35 a night for our RV and 2 adults. Besides water & power nothing is included though (like showers, wifi, firewood).

Apart form the view the sites are nothing special, you're all lined up along the path - no privacy at all. The view through the trees at MacKenzie beach was just beautiful. I imagine the sites at the beachfront are even more fantastic - you literally step onto the beach right from your tent. We weren't offered a site in this area of Bella Pacifica though, probably because our RV was deemed to large (20 feet long, 11 feet high). We were at the ridge above, looking out onto the beach over the beachfront sites.

Onto the washrooms & showers. These are the most important features at a campsite I think. At Bella Pacifica they're located in sort of an open outhouse, so in cold weather you'll freeze to the toilet seat. That is, if you dare to sit down all the way because these facilities are cleaned only minimally. It seems they just wipe them superficially, do al little floor swiping with a broom and that's it. They're not blatantly filthy, but a little shabby nonetheless. The coin-operated showers are pretty expensive at $1 for 2 minutes of hot water.

If you are on a budget or with a tent only this campsite is fine I guess. But if you want to enjoy some more luxury head over to the other side of MacKenzie Beach and stay at Crystal Cove Beach Resort (no tents there though!). So, sorry Bella Pacifica, your campsite is just ok & your personnel was very friendly, but we will not stay with you again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Wiet v
Cedar Crest, New Mexico
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The photos posted on their website make it look so idyllic, but the feel of it was more run-down. RV's crammed in as close as possible, two comfort stations for hundreds of people (people stood in line for showers and toilets), expensive WiFi (doesn't everyone include that these days?), horrible access road (before sure to batten down the hatches on the final approach), and a not so friendly staff. At check-in, we debated whether to stay for 2 or 4 days, and the staff convinced us they'd be full on the 3rd and 4th days (which they weren't) so we'd better decide now (i.e. pay) and there were no refunds. That is perhaps the mark of a questionable operation - if they gave refunds, people would leave! Of course, they do have an excellent location on the beach, but that's the only good mark we can give them. We wished we'd stayed at Green Point campground where an excellent location was paired with excellent sites (but no hook-ups or WiFi - still worth the trade-off here).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Chris M
Reviewed April 13, 2014

stayed on July 2013 with a motorhome. Try to book in advance a beachfront site. The vies and location are amazing. You can stay on the wonderful beach or take a hike in one of the trails in the forests surrounding- all is recommended. Walking along the beach in low tide is beautiful. Offoce is very busy in July and you have to wait quite some time to be serviced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Omgin B
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We tented for 4 nights in August 2013 and had a great stay! I really can't say enough, we would go back in a heartbeat and could easily stay a full week or even two. It is so close to the town centre of Tofino, close to the popular surfing beaches and the local beach was lovely. The staff was very friendly, the site was clean, private, and cozy, and of course the beach is RIGHT there. It helped of course that we had great weather the whole time (no rain!), but it was a lovely campground in a perfect location.

When we booked last spring, I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't get an ocean side site, but the one we ended up with was perfect. It was in the the bottom part of the Forest Loop and so private and cozy.

The bathroom closest to us was closed for a day or two, but they worked really hard to get it fixed. It didn't bother us in the least, as it was still just a quick walk to the next one over.

I am not a picky camper, but what matters most to me is having private sites where you don't feel you are living with your neighbours, so this was perfect for that. Our site was surrounded by beautiful lush trees. I grew up camping all over BC, but my boyfriend had never camped like this - and we both loved it.

It was a bit expensive but for me it is worth it, and better than a 5 star hotel any day - its all in the attitude! If you find any faults with this place, then you're looking too hard! Just set up your tent, open a cold one, and enjoy the beautiful West Coast of BC!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple