Cobble Wood Guesthouse and Bird Sanctuary House & Suites
Ranked #11 of 42 Tofino B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely surprise”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We drove into Tofino expecting to easily get a place to stay for the night and found everywhere was booked. We stopped at one place where the owner very kindly phoned another place to see if they had a vacancy. They did so we drove to Cobble Wood Guesthouse not knowing what to expect and were so pleased when we saw it we booked two nights. We were expecting a room and got a beautiful suite, consisting of a lounge/kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. It was very well decorated, fully equipped and spotlessly clean. Beata (sorry if that's not the correct spelling), the manageress, I think, was lovely, so friendly and helpful. We intend to go back to Tofino and will definitely stay at the Cobble Wood Guesthouse again. It's off the main road and we would have missed it if we hadn't been directed there but it's worth looking for. The gardens all around the suites are beautiful too.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This was actually my second time at Cobble Wood. I found the place through the internet and stayed for the first time in February with my wife and my two children (10 and 8). I visited again in May with my son and my mother (who had come visiting from Europe).

Both times I could not have been pleased more. The caretakers are outstanding, and make you very welcome. I stayed both times in the Golden Dawn Suite, which is very spacious and perfectly suited to meet the needs of a small family. The entire premises are kept very clean, and everything is in very good working order. I am sure the same applies to the other suites as well.

It has been mentioned that the place is about a 5 minute drive from Tofino's center. While this might not be everybody's preference, I actually prefer to be somewhat away from the crowds - after all, this is why I like coming to the Pacific Rim.

This is a great place with the nicest caretakers/owners, and I have already booked a third trip for later in the summer.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Westland
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Stayed two nights in Cobble Wood Guesthouse. Great value for money, in fact much more than you might expect for 120 dollar a night! Best place we got on Vancouver Island
Our appartment was almost brand new, with a lot of design in the interior. 100% clean and a friendly, helpful caretaker.
Quiet, pleasant an green surroundings. It is 5 minutes to the beach and to the center of Tofino, so that´s perfect. Lots of wonderful things to do in Tofino by the way: saw bears, whales, seals, sea-lions an bald eagles. Beautiful beaches and rainforest.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We liked the Cobble Wood Guesthouse very much, and our children too!
It's a nice and quiet and cosy place in the middle of the Tofino nature...
We had a very tastful appartment where we felt at home. It was like we lived in the tops of the trees. I especially liked the high ceiling of our suite. So much space for such a beautiful price!
And it's taken care of by very wise and friendly people...
Who loves the peace and pureness of Tofino will love this guesthouse too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We found Cobblewood Guesthouse at last minute through the tourist information and really enjoyed our 2 night stay here. The suite was comfortable and well equipped and we appreciated the self catering facilities. It was an easy walk to the beach, local shops and botanical gardens.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I just spent an idyllic 4 days at Cobble Wood Guestsuites in Tofino B.C.
While most people think of the ocean when staying in Tofino,to me the forest is more serene and rewarding.There were all kinds of early morning birdsongs and the smell of budding leaves in the air.
While the Cobble Wood Guestsuites is in the forest,it's only a 10 minute walk to the beach and a 4 minute drive to downtown.
My suite,the Sunset Cedars suite was very beautiful,rustic,cozy,yet not without luxuries such as heated floors and a beautiful gas fireplace.I had a kitchenette suite with a small fridge,a hot plate and all the dishes and utensils you could possibly use.
Caretakers Beata and her husband Michai are a warm and caring couple who in a few instances dropped everything to assist me .I've made some real friends there.
The kids can play on the trampoline,the adults can chat in the conversation pit and the mascot dog Sophie is loved by everyone.Everything is very clean and proffessionally managed.I would stay there again in a heartbeat and I plan on returning during storm season.A wonderful place in everyway.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank ZoraSaboe
Quebec
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed in the Golden Dawn Suite which was entirely self-contained and private. The cathedral ceiling gave it a feeling of spaciousness and openness that we enjoyed, and the decorating scheme was restful and in keeping with the color palette of the coastal surroundings themselves. A pretty and welcoming suite in which we felt right at home!

Although we were not on the beach, the large living area window overlooked a cedar-lined street that was quiet and secluded with hardly a car to be seen or heard. The kitchenette was clean with a nice-sized fridge and stove; in fact, the entire suite was spotless. We appreciated the wireless Internet connectivity available in the suite. Beachside restaurants and some funky boutiques including a local chocolate shop, mini grocery, surf shop and glassblowing studio were only a stone's throw away, and the nearby bike path looked great for rollerblading or cycling. The closest beach is Mackenzie beach, about a five-minute walk away; it took us five minutes by car to reach Tofino's village core.

Our stay at Cobblewood Guesthouse was the perfect cozy and downtempo getaway from our normally hectic urban life. Our hosts, Ken and Michele, who are also its owners and builders, were friendly, smiling, helpful and gracious without being intrusive. Their care and pride of ownership were evident in our suite and in the property in general. We are looking forward to our next visit to Tofino!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple