“poor communication :(”

Tofino Motel HarbourView
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Reviewed April 12, 2013

After reading all the glowing reviews i have been trying to book - but it seems impossible.
After emailing them through an offer they advertised and receiving a confirmed price I tried to book but subsequently the price changed to a higher amount twice.
I emailed to question the discrepancy and get some clarity around the price and confirm the booking.......I received a confusing response and so sent a couple more emails to try and get clarification and book 3 nights but no one has gotten back to me since.
I live in London England so have been emailing, perhaps if you ring maybe you get better service? Many of the reviews commnet about the good customer service but that certainly hasn't been my limited experienced of them...... maybe they don't like someone questioning their 'variable' rates?
Disappointing all around and not very professional.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lu l
542Campbell, Owner at Tofino Motel HarbourView, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I do think this is quite unfair. We had posted an ad in the local on line for a discounted rate for the month of April. I was confused in answering the email because the rate this guest quoted was not the rate in our Room Key office software. Another gal at the front desk sent an email reply on my days off, also running into this discrepancy. I was trying to sort the problem when I returned to the office and realized the guest was wanting the reservation for the month of May, and a holiday weekend at that, when the "Specials Ad" was clearly posted as an April special . I received an email after this posted complaint..from this now suddenly very polite guest wanting to book the cabin for the holiday May weekend at the discount posted on line for April. Again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We actually booked the Island Village Properties at Chesterman Beach, and when we picked up the key from this motel office we were given a choice, of one of the cabins at Chesterman Beach or the view end suite in the motel. On arrival at the Chesterman Beach cabin we noted that we could not drive into its driveway for the cars and vans, ( "Just a few University students, I'm sure they will be quiet") We worked our way around the 3 kegs of beer set up on the porch, and decided we wouldn't get much sleep here. So back to the motel we drove. And I'm glad we did. The boat traffic coming and going to the government dock was fasinating, I pulled out my binoculars right away. We saw eagles swoop down to grab herring. The strong tide at the dock makes it difficult to land a boat. We sleep well...no beer kegs set up outside the door...

Room Tip: Far end room upstairs if available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
542Campbell, Owner at Tofino Motel HarbourView, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We do try to provide proper accoms for all of our guests. The Beach Cabins ( for that spring break weekend anyway) are not always the right choice. Very happy the scenic rooms at our Harbourview suited ! . ..and thank you for taking the time to write such an upbeat review !

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed in the family room with a small kitchen. The kitchen had lots of plates and bowls which was great, had one portable hot plate and a toaster oven, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was huge with lots of towels, the beds were good, one of the queen beds was a bit soft. The view was great and a very short walk into town. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed your little family's fun. When I read this comment on the bed, and the handyman had a look ...sure enough, two of the slats on the box spring were out . Thank you so much for pointing this out. We were able to repair this right away. Please, if you are ever up again, let us stand you to one nights free accomm for your family?

Lore Rowland

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The owners of this motel were destined to be in the tourist business! I learned more in my 5 minutes at the front desk than I did in the rest of my stay.
The motel is spotless and I stayed in the room closest to the water. Tofino is not a cheap town as everything has to be brought in by truck. I chose here based on the strength of the reviews and I wasn't disappointed at all. I could have spent more bucks for a higher end facility but this place offered huge bang for the buck. The money I saved I spent on a fabulous dinner at the Spotted Bear which is only a baseball throw away. Stay here and you will not regret it.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the water.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank awayIgo2travel
542Campbell, General Manager at Tofino Motel HarbourView, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We were so pleased to read this review in the office today! It was kind of you to post such an positive statement. The good reviews for people who haven't stayed with us yet, and the many returning guests as well, keeps our business healthy and growing! Thank you again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Really can't complain about one thing. The place is well equipped and extremely clean. Mattresses, pillows, and overall room quality are terrific. Mind you, this is not a 5-star accommodation, but for what it is, it was a pleasure.

Location is great, view is really nice, and a lot of things are within walking distance.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank treepondersleaf
542Campbell, Owner at Tofino Motel HarbourView, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review! Always happy when we can extend hospitality to our guests, and they are as appreciative as you were. Thank you again.!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

After much searching on TA booked Tofino Motel for 3 nights in June. Was best place we stayed in whole 3 week trip around BC. Great view, very clean, set right in Tofino close to amenities, shops and restaurants, staff helpful but unobtrusive, lovely garden. Not a high end place but just right for a fantastic taste of Tofino hospitality

Room Tip: All rooms have good view. First floor suited us better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Turnbulls100
542Campbell, Owner at Tofino Motel HarbourView, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your nice review. Perhaps we will see you again? and we look forward to offering our returning guest discounts.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The' tone' for our stay in Tofino was set by Ann of the Tofino Motel who greeted us with a warm welcome. It followed that she was most helpful in guiding us to local eateries and fun things to do,e.g., a hike along South Beach.The motel is beautifully situated overlooking a plush carpeted lawn with picnic tables and a magnificent view of the harbor.. Our room was bright and cheery with all the amenities that one could want. In a nutshell,it was just right! Thank you, Ann!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a beautiful view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends