“Fantastic place with spectacular views!!!!”

Ocean Village Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in 1976 and had to come back. We had a lovely lower cabin #12. The room was fantastic. Had everything we could possibly need and a fantastic soaker tub. The view of the ocean was spectacular and the sunsets....stunning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be back and not wait another 36 years. Thank you fir bringing back childhood memories and letting me make new ones!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank smg17
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The ocean village isn't a luxury resort. You don't have a flatscreen in your studio - there are no telephone or tv in the rooms, but you do get decent comfort, a nice atmosphere and excellent view on the beach. I stayed in one of the upper apartments. Try to get one of those: they have a nice, high ceiling and since there are no animals allowed in the upper apartments, they are clean and fresh. The kitchen is small but well equipped - you even don't have to think of bringing kitchen towels or Dreft. If you have some washing to do, there 's a cheap laundry.
The owners and staff are calm and friendly.
I didn't use the pool so I can't give a comment on that.
In my eyes, the ocean village has a very good philosophy: they don't equip the rooms with the latest multimedia tools, but instead, they take care of privacy, comfort and location.

Room Tip: I prefer the upper apartments: nice ceiling and better view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A great big thank you to the owners and staff of Ocean Village for maintaining the charm and ambiance of ocean Village even after the great renovations that have been taking place over the past year or more. We have been staying at this resort for many, many years due to its beautiful location, accommodating service and lovely, quaint cottages. We stayed with our kids when they were little and now as a cozy retreat for just the two of us. There is no place else we would rather be on the west coast than in these cottages.

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and you are only a few yards from the ocean sand. The location of the property is close to Tofino and all of the popular hiking trails and other beaches. While there, we always try and patronize other businesses in the area and found the Tofino Brewery, the Tofino Coffee Company and the Red Can Gourmet a pleasure to visit and partake of their "goods".

So, wherever you have booked your next west coast get-away, cancel it and make it for Ocean Village!

Room Tip: The rooms along the beach are the best, but all rooms have a view and are only a short distance from...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bearsndux
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Four of us shared a downstairs suite in one of the beehives and found it perfect for our needs. It's not easy to find accommodation for 4 that allows for separate beds. The location on Mackenzie Beach is perfect and we had the indoor pool and hot tub to ourselves our first evening there. The kitchen was well-appointed, with everything we needed to prepare some of our meals. I'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We were in suite 4, which has an unobstructed view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susannah281
Reviewed October 22, 2012

They say Disneyland is the "happiest place on Earth," but for my family this past Thanksgiving it was the Ocean Village Beach Resort in Tofino, BC. We gathered here, as we had before, to celebrate.

The weather, well we could not asked for better; mid-twenties everyday. Both Mackenzie Beach and Long Beach became giant playgrounds for us. A rousing game of bocce; frisbee on the OVB lawns; exploring the tidal pools nearby.

The staff at the Ocean Village Beach Resort exceeded our expectations. The first morning there i desperatly needed a cup of tea; however, the tea was in my parents cabin. I went over to the office, and seeing as how it was closed, headed back to the cabin. One of the resort employees stopped to offer his assistance. I told him my dilemma, and he led me back to the office, which he then opened, and presented me with 2 bags of tea and a package of hot chocolate. Upon checkout the staff also forgave the fact that someone had lost one of the room keys (which we later found) and that we had inadvertantly missplaced some of the dishes between the 3 cabins we were renting.

While there, we made use of the outdoor barbque and picnic area. Discovering something new at the OVB Resort is always a treat. We shall be sure to return again soon!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank vancouverislandgirl2
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went for a vacation with some friends and had a great few nights. The cabin was really clean and comfortable with access right onto the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful with places to eat and rent surfboards. Surfing beaches are close by and the resort has a setup to rinse and hang wetsuits. I will go back to Ocean Village whenever I am in Tofino.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Alisonf2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean Village for a week. We had a great time, well kept cottages and amenities and friendly staff. We really enjoyed our walks on the beach, as well as our nightly campfires. Planning to go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2012