“Epic Fishing”

WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A world class experience offered from WardoWest Fishing Charters means experienced guides with proven results in two of the best vessels in Tofino, either on our 25' Grady White vessel or 27' Sailfish. Our vessels are stocked with the very best technology and fishing equipment including: Lowrance HDS10 Nav System, Islander Reels, Sage Rods and Scotty High Performance Digital Downriggers. In Tofino we target primarily chinook and coho salmon (with the occasional sockeye, chum or pink), halibut, rockfish, albacore tuna as well as Dungeness crab. Our vessels each have a heated interior and are Transport Canada approved. Give us a call today so we can help you plan the fishing trip of a lifetime.
London, Canada
“Epic Fishing”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Where do I start, best fishing ever!!! It was like being in a national geographic episode. I have been out a few times over the last couple yrs with Dave, and every time has been incredible. Good weather and bad Dave always came through with big fish. I managed to pull in some monsters salmon, halibut, and even a blue shark, with the help of the captain. The scenery is second to know and when i wasn't fighting fish, i was lucky enough to see several whale breaches, and killer sharks, sea otters, and more, its non stop excitement. On and off the water I cant thank Dave enough for his generous hospitality, showed me all of Tofino, really went above and beyond. Food was unreal, accommodations were 5 star. Thanks again cant wait to get back out

Visited July 2012
David W, Owner at WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Summer's around the corner, can't wait to see you again soon!

Victoria, Canada
“will never forget”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went fishing with Wardo West last July. I still have fish in my freezer almost a year later. It really was a first class experience. The fish were biting all day. We limited out on halibut and salmon. We saw whales jumping and had two wonderful sunny days on the water. His equipment is top notch and Dave never stops smiling out on the water. I think he enjoys it as much as his guests which creates a great positive experience. I will be back to slay some more monsters of the sea.

Visited July 2012
Fishing with you was great Chris. Looking forward to going out again soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish in the boat, whales off the bow!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fishing with Dave and Paul has been one of the best experiences of my life! I've been lucky enough to go a few times with them, and everytime we've come back with a full boat! Awesome sandwiches too from Redcan!

Visited May 2013
That was a great day in May, can't wait to have you up later in the summer for the big slabs!
Vancouver, Canada
“Best charter in Tofino!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went out with captain Dave last summer, it was awesome to say the least. Dave obviously knows his stuff in terms of fishing and is an extremely friendly guy as well. I've only fished out of Port Alberni before and had some bad experiences with grumpy, salty old guides. Dave is the complete opposite. Big smile on his face all day and so happy to share his knowledge of the flora & fauna of WCVI with me and my family. We were hammering fish all day, quickly got our limit of salmon & halibut and then were releasing fish for the rest of the charter. Even after such an exhausting day of guiding, Dave took the time to show my 5 year old daughter how to fillet her coho salmon and this lasting impression I'm sure has made her a fisherwoman for life! Thanks Dave! Will be back for summer 2013 for sure!

Visited July 2012
I had a great time out there with you guys. Glad that I was able to have a lasting impression on your daughter and to have sparked our shared passion for fishing!
Vancouver
“Always amazing fishing with Wardowest!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have had the pleasure of fishing with David of WardoWest Fishing several times in the past few years. In July of last year on our latest trip we enjoyed a few days of amazing weather and first class west coast angling.
We quickly caught our limits of salmon, halibut, and a few lingcod. The scenery was beautiful and on the way in we collected traps loaded with huge dungeness crab!
Dave's knowledge of the local waters with keen and patient guidance of the newer fisherman on out boat made the experience memorable. Taking a guided fishing trip with someone who is so passionate and has so much fun teaching and getting us into the prime fishing locations was an amazing experience.

Dave and Paul are friendly, knowledgeable and every aspect of the experience is taken care of; from teaching the techniques and educating about the area and wildlife to cleaning and packaging the catch for the trip home.
I would highly recommend and can’t wait for my next fishing excursion in Tofino with WardoWest.

Visited July 2012
David W, Owner at WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thanks man, can't wait to have you back!