“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Springs Cove

Hot Springs Cove
Ranked #9 of 53 things to do in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot Springs Cove is about one and a half hours north of Tofino. It's located right in the heart of Clayoquot Sound.
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my trip to the hot springs! An afternoon well spent.
I would strongly recommend taking plenty of water, I only took 20Oz and I found myself getting very dehydrated before I left, with a walk to get back to the boat! Saw Sea Otters and a couple of Bald Eagles on the trip back to Tofino, it was brilliant!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I travel frequently and this was the worst experience we have had. The hot springs were very small and uncomfortable. You sat on slimy rocks crowded into an area with people you have never met before. It is extremely dangerous, my husband slipped on one of the rocks injuring himself, even with footwear on. As well we were not informed by our "tour" group that we should bring our own food and water, that nothing was available onsite, and being my husband is a diabetic made this even more dangerous This was extremely disappointing and not worth the 300.00 that we paid for the two of us. I have never been on an excursion that charged you so much and gave you nothing. They take better care of you in Mexico, and we are in Canada where you would think the service would be better

9 Thank CCalgary
London Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Perfect Day”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hot springs are 90 min. by boat from Tofino. We booked with The Whale Centre in Tofino. Our captain was very knowledgeable about the sea and conservation. We saw Hump back and grey whales, otters, sea lions and seals. The springs are accessed by a 2km board walk through the rainforest. Beautiful walk and I was ready for the springs. They are in their natural form. We got there early and got right in. It is very rocky, you need water shoes. The pools are just small rock groupings that the ocean washes into. I loved the whole day.

2 Thank susred
Chelsea, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Jamie's Whaling Station was great”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had no idea how to book a Cove trip in Tofino, so I let my hotel do it. They chose Jamie's, apparently because they knew the best to pick. Marla was our bubbly, expert captain and guide. The trip was advertised as Hot Spring Cove only, but Marla found gray whales for us to see, stellar seals, otters, bald eagle, and yes, bears on the way home. Highly recommend Jamie's, and this trip. The hot springs is amazing. I found a spot at the very bottom, where you could sit and get hot, and once every half minute, the ocean would push up a swell, and you'd get a brief, cooling, refreshing cold bath.

2 Thank rds3wave
Comox, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hot springs cove”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great trip from Tofino albeit a little grey and foggy I still managed to see some whales otters, and seals on the boat ride over to the hot spings once there its just a short walk

Visited June 2012