“Springtime Getaway with the girls!!! Ahhhhhh so relaxing!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
South Chesterman Beach Condos
Ranked #14 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Tofino
Nanaimo, Canada
“Springtime Getaway with the girls!!! Ahhhhhh so relaxing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Their were 5 lovely ladies all together, we rented one of the condos (slept 6 or 8), we could not have had a more spectacular time. It was early spring (late March 2012) the sun was shining and waves were crashing in. Our condo was PERFECT for what we needed. We all brought food and cooked up a storm, we had many walks on the beach, a couple fires on the beach and some very restful sleeps. The triple driftwood bunk beds are so cool and really quite comfy too.

This get away could have lasted much much longer but our pocket books wouldn't allow it.

I look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Brynn L

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

First of all, I've been to Tofino 7 times now and this was my 2nd stay at these condos. The fist time was back in 2005 and we stayed in 1B (which I don't think is offered anymore).
I went here this time with my 78 year old mother who absolutely loves Tofino and all things coastal. We stayed in #27 because it was the right size but it was so disappointing. This place is really only good for families as it seemed that all other units around us had lots of CHILDREN. Even though there are signs that say that the common grass area is not to be used as a playground, that's exactly what families were doing. At one point, while we were trying to enjoy our dinner inside, we had to ask one mother if she could possibly keep her 3 small daughters form shrieking and screaming their heads off while they 'played' on the lawn. My mother was very upset.

Then there were the families that banged across the ceiling all day and night. Stomp, stomp, stomp, run, run, run, toilets flushing (all water drains through pipes on main floor), dish washer, sink, shower, the noise was constant and extremely upsetting.

This was my mother's last trip to Tofino as the travel is getting too hard for her and we were expected some of that famous tranquility. It was hugely disappointing.

I guess our first instincts were correct as we sat and waited at the main office for our keys. The 'receptionist' was incredibly rude and unfriendly. She completely ignored us and had a pained look on her face when we decided to wait in the office. When we asked her about buying fresh crab in town, she got this stunned look and said 'well I never have to buy crab, so I don't know what to tell you'. We couldn't believe she was responsible for greeting guests to these condo units.

While the units are well appointed, the whole experience with the rude reception and the equally rude parents who were simply eager to start their drinking, was very disheartening.

If I ever do manage to make it back to this beautiful piece of paradise, I'll try the Pacific Sands Resort, which is where we used to stay before discovering the SC condos.

All in all, this place may be great for families but not for those traveling without and not for seniors seeking some peace and solitude. This place is too expensive for what you get.
I will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Don't get a 1 bedroom unit on the bottom floor. I can't think of any unit in this complex t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Deb J

Travelers are raving about these Tofino hotels

Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed in a 3-bedroom (2+den?) condo, and thought it was "just right".

The suite was nicely appointed, and although the condos would be a walk for someone with limited mobility, it was just fine for the members of our group.

The water is cold, but no surprise to those of us who love Tofino anyway. The sand is powdery (gets into everything), the surf is loud and soothing, and the beaches are looooong.

I can't think of anything that I didn't like about condo - except maybe the price, but compared to a waterfront house it was more than reasonable.. When we return to Tofino, we will very likely return to South Chesterman.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BigCanadianFamily
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2005

Very nicely appointed townhomes, coastal architecture, new, relaxed, natural materials. Great living spaces. Unfortunately most have gas stoves, not wood, but still very nice. The view of the beach from most of the sites is so so as far as wanting the beachfront view from the living room but as a surfer you can hear the ocean from the patio (barbaque included) and gear up inside, skip down to the beach in around 20 sec. (which now includes a well lit gravel path, looks good for a wheel chair) and take in some great waves depending on conditions. Usually not too big there. If wanting bigger, try 10 min. walk to mid Chesterman's or short drive to Cox Bay. The cost is very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed November 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2004

We stayed in one of the South Chesterman Beach Condos this winter and had a wonderful time. Our condo was immaculate with very beautiful furnishings and original artwork. They had everything we could need - rain coats for the famous west coast winter storms, binoculars, books galore and a great selection of cds and movies.

We were steps from stunning Chesterman Beach and close to town. We couldn't ask for more and will definitely be back.

13 Thank tideswest
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2003

South Chesterman beach condos as advertised by Tofino Vacation Rentals was misleading. Although the units were nicely appointed the advertisment pictures and staff mislead us about the proximity to the beach. We specifically wanted a place close to the beach as it was my grandmothers dream to sit and look out at the beach and get onto the beach to collect shells. She has an artifical knee so both familiy members doing the bookings repeatedly asked staff about the proximity to the beach carefully explaining the access we needed. There was a tiny little view from the condo and the walk was about 100 yards but the worst part was there was not any stairs to the beach! Our 90 year old had to be lifted down onto the beach from a 2-3 foot drop - no handrails or anything. After spending almost 10 hours of research on the trip and selecting bookings I was most disappointed and spent my first half hour there crying. TVR staff were notified about the disappointment and lack of access or misrepresentation. I believe that all accomodations should be rated for access or at least have some understanding that if people are asking for access it is for a reason and the "sale" of the unit is not as important as the safety of the tenants...what if the 90 year old woman fell? A lesson for us all, I am now not likely to do an internet booking and will likely demand more assurances.

52 Thank A TripAdvisor Member