“Pub Food with a View”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The food is good, service was accommodating of a very large group including under-age diners. The view is out of this world for anyone not from BC. We watched bald eagles soaring and diving for fish side-by-side with the seagulls. It's a bit of an uphill walk back to the main road/street, but from there it is a short distance to all the shops, galleries, etc. in the town center.

1  Thank Susanne T

Reviewed August 11, 2014

It has a great location looking out onto the waterfront of Tofino which really adds to the potential atmosphere. Sadly its all let down by only average food and by extraordinarily surly staff. Given the price I would recommend going elsewhere for better food and a better experience in Tofino.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a pint and some fish tacos on a day trip to tofino. The good was fine, pub style food. The location of patio is great, you can sit there and watch the fishing boats unload their catch. Friendly staff as well.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great deck for having a beer and watch the boats. Food, just OK. I had the fish tacos and the tortilla were not even warmed up. Cold corn tortillas are NOT good.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The bonus feature of this pub/restaurant is the water front seating, gorgeous! That is the only positive comment I have about this place. We sat ourselves outside to enjoy the view and it was hot (August 2014 long weekend).Tables needed a really good scrubbing!! Our waitress was polite and quickly took our orders of mojitos. When those arrived we really should have left, rotten mint was used! I could not believe the waitress would serve them. Was gross. I made a trip to the bathroom....oh boy....stinky and dirty! Good thing I looked to see if tp was in my stall...NOPE...NADDA! Look in the other stall, nothing! I let the bartender know right away. She asks me is it a emergency..????? " Well I would like to pee at sometime."I have no idea if TP made it in there as I had decided not to go back in there, to gross. Before the bathroom incident we ordered fish taco and chipotle chicken taco. I know tacos are a mess but when these arrived it was a huge mess. Topping on both was fresh cut tomatoes and plain cabbage. Chipotle was did not taste like chipotle.....fish taco, cod, was bland. Cod bland??? That's a first. Poor tasteless attempt at mexican food!!
I would have a made a complaint to the waitresses but looking at how dirty things were on a long weekend, packed little town, and the use of rotten mint I knew it would get me no where. Owner/Management needs to take some pride in their establishment.

2  Thank A P