HI-Tofino - Whaler’s on the Point Guesthouse
Duffin Cove Oceanfront Lodging(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$116
Jamie's Rainforest Inn(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$132
$116
Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$171
$120
Agoda.com
Tofino Motel HarbourView(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$144
$225
Cox Bay Beach Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$226
Orbitz.com
$294
Meares Vista Inn(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewscommon roomthe kitchenbed dormfemale dormfree muffinsstayed here for nightslounge areaamazing viewscommon areasclayoquot soundwhale watchinghot springsa great place to staymain floorfantastic locationocean viewsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here with a few friends for the long weekend. I am glad we reserved in advance as they were fully booked.

Whilst this was not the cheapest of hostel it is good value for money, especially given that options in Tofino (a very small town) are not exhaustive.

The location is good there a large windows in the sitting/ dining area that are offer great views of the water. You can walk in to town easily. There is parking which got busy, though we always found a spot. There is a large kitchen well equipped where you can cook your own food.

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in, whilst everything is not super modern it is extremely clean. Faculties are good there were plenty of showers, a TV room and games room.

There were a mix of people staying at the hostel which included families with children. It is definitely not a party hostel. They have a number of strict rules (which may make the place more or less appealing to you). Alcohol is permitted but only before 11pm and no hard liquor, you are not allowed to have food in your room. They lock the games room and TV room around 10.30pm. They do enforce these rules which makes it a quiet place where you can get a good nights sleep but not necessarily a party.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you bring your own foodstuffs, then the on-site kitchen will make it worth it, because eating out is very expensive in Tofino. Parking is spare, and definitely not for motorcycles (we had one go down.)

Four to a room, co-ed. Clean, but the internet is really slow because everybody is on it. A nice sitting area with a beautiful view. A good place to sleep, but no charm. Full of surfers and self-absorbed 20 somethings.

Room Tip: Upstairs room can get hot in the summer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank blister555
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived very late in Tofino and had to decide quick. We paid 45 dollar per person and night which is ridiculous in my opinion for a bed in a dorm. But the hostel was clean and tidy. In the room where I slept we had no power outlets and the lamp over my bed was not working which was as well really annoying.
The staff was in a rush probably because we were so late but maybe these guys should rethink their work attitude.
Anyways I cannot recommend this place because too expensive, not really friendly staff and no power outlets in the room. Btw the location was actually good but the parking lot was already full so be aware that they have parking lots but they can be full

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tillstein
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Two friends and me stayed there for two nights in a 3 people room. Enough space, nice washrooms, good kitchen, caring staff. I would stay there again! It's great value for what you pay and an excellent location.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

After booking a campsite, and showing up in the pouring rain we were stuck. With all hotels being booked/too expensive we looked at the hostel. We had a private room and it was very clean. The staff made you feel very welcome. I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone staying. Since the weather is unpredictable its the best way to stay dry and keep warm after a day in the cold seas attempting to surf.

I have stayed in a few hostels, and I can say that this is my top 2 of the cleanest and nicest hostels I have been to. Kitchen/Dining area have an ocean view. STUNNING.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends