“Spectacular accommodations in the center of the universe!”

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Reviewed March 15, 2007

Our second trip to this wonderful place. Sad to see unflattering reviews as we have never found the staff here anything but kind and friendly. They have always seemed genuinely concerned with our comfort. On one stay the outdoor lights came on at 4:30 in the morning, lighting up our room. When we brought it to the attention of our server at breakfast she said she would check on it for us. The lights never came on again.The accommodations are without a doubt luxurious. You can soak in the tub, drink champagne while listening to and watching the waves crashing on shore just outside your room. Overall the cost is on the pricey side but we have never been disappointed with the accommodations or the service. Rain or shine take a deep breath and relax, for you will feel as if you are in the center of the universe while here. We will return to this “center” again and again for certain.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrPAtlanta
Write a ReviewReviews (3,151)

Reviewed March 9, 2007

We had a wonderful time at Long Beach Lodge. We booked it for an anniversary celebration & it's certainly a nice romantic spot for it!

Service was excellent - everyone from the check-in staff to waiters in the great room & dining room. We had arrived slightly early & I had a pounding headache & really hoped our room would be ready so I could lie down briefly. Unfortunately, it wasn't but we were offered the great room to go & relax in. The lovely young woman at the check-in desk must have put a rush on our room because not even 15 minutes later she came to find us & show us our room.

We dined twice in the great room. First with the more formal menu & second on the more casual one. Both were excellent & enjoyable. Breakfast buffet also very good. Lots of items to choose from with an additional menu for hot items if you wish.

We would definitely like to come back here again & look forward to doing so.

One note to consider - if you're looking for shops & a quaint town to wander, Tofino is not likely the place for you, but if you just want to relax by the crackling fire in the great room or soak in your huge tub overlooking the ocean, then definitely come here!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DesignDiva
Reviewed March 3, 2007

We have 3 small kids and booked a 2 bedroom cabin. We booked around 8 months in advance and requested babysitters. When we phoned the week before, to check that everything was in order, we were told that the babysitters were all booked up. Clearly you need at least 9 months notice for babysitters. The staff were variable. At best they were indifferent, but the most upsetting aspect about the service was that anything appeared too much trouble. Any request was made to feel like we were asking a huge favour.

The room cleaners were appalling, and simply failed to clean. When I raised this with the front desk they consistently made me feel like I was making a fuss. On one occasion, when I had complained that a cleaned cabin should not have sand and dirt all over the floor and if I wanted to clean my cabin I would have gone self catering and paid a lot less, at the front desk I was told that indeed I should go self catering in future. I took exception and spoke to the manager. She was understanding but things never improved.

On the positive side, the position was outstanding, SOME of the retaurant staff were very nice, the food was excellent and the hotel was reasonably well maintained. We wouldn't stay again however.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank cityNeil
Reviewed September 7, 2006

My fiance and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend. There happened to be a water shortage in Tofino so the town was very quiet but our stay at the Long Beach Lodge was still wonderful. The staff and hotel went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We had a forest view room which was quite large, very nice and had a huge bathroom with shower and soaker tub. The great room became a favorite place to relax and spend time. We would definitely recommend the restaurant, we both agreed it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time! All of our meals were great, including the breakfast buffet that is included with the room. The beach is NOT Long Beach as the name would imply, it is Cox Bay, but it is beautiful and likely the best surfing beach in Tofino. There were always surfers out there and surf schools on the beach but it never was too crowded to enjoy yourself. The only minor negative was that the beach is in a cove and is only about a mile so your walks/runs on the beach are limited. I would definitely stay here again, and would probably spring for the ocean view room. We had a great holiday at the Long Beach.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank from_chicago_to?
Reviewed August 28, 2006

My husband and I have stayed at the LBL twice. For me, this place is heaven on earth. We are a married couple in ouir 40s, who love to travel. We like staying at The Four Seasons hotels, and also love nature and the great outdoors. LBL is a perfect blending of sophistication and "rustic" appeal. The great room (a huge area where you can sit and take in the view, play a game, snuggle by the huge fireplace, have a casual breakfast or an elegant dinner), is our favourite hang-out spot. The room has huge picture windows and the sunsets are magnificent.
We stay in a room where the bathroom overlooks the beach and ocean. It's truly magical to hear and see the Pacific surf while sipping champers in the tub!
Tofino itself is unspoiled and quaint, although not exactly pretty. The quality of food in the restaurants is world class. We love "Shelter" restaurant with its huge fireplace and wonderful ambience. The Pointe at the Wick is our favourite place for a special breakfast. For more casual breakfasts, we go to the Schooner.
The coastal area between Tofino and Ucluelet is pure magic. There are a number of magnificent trails (all boardwalk) and glorious beaches. There is an incredible sense of spirit, everywhere you go. I can't wait to go back next year (or perhaps sooner) and we will definitely stay again at the Long Beach Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Wuzzo1
Reviewed August 7, 2006

We researched on the internet for 2 days and found this wonderful resort the last minute. I was attracted by the pictures on their website. Since I booked my vacation with my TD travel rewards so I requested the hotel staff to hold my room while I made arrangement with TD Travel. The whole process was very painless. When we arrived, the resort looked exactly as shown on the website. This is our family's first time to the island, besides the wonderful island views and weather during our stay, we found that our room was on the ground floor with 20 steps away from the long beach. Patio chairs were right outside the patio door facing the ocean. Tthe sound of waves, the fresh air and the sandy beach are just perfect for what we want as a family vacation. As soon as we arrived, my son, 7 and I raced down to the beach and played for 2 hours. Our late afternoon arrival brought us the pefect experience of sunset at the long beach. It was amazingly beautiful. As far as amenties in the hotel room go, first of all, the resort looked brand new. The king size bed was super comfortable. (same or better than Westin's heavenly bed) The tile floor in the bathroom was heated. Although we did not get a oversized bathtub, we are perfectly happy with our regular tub. In fact, we got a discount for taking the last room available with only regular tub.($280) I agree with the other 2 reviews about the retaurant that it was a bit expensive and the staff in the restaurant were less professional as compared to the impression we have with the resort. Our stay also included complimentary Continental breakfast which I found a bit limited in choices consider the price we paid (3 kinds of choice of bread, crossants, muffins, 3 types of cereals, a bowl of mixed fruits, and a plate of melons, and regular juices, milk, coffee and tea. )
As a whole, it was still a very comfortable stay. I have been recommending this resort to our friends in Vancouver and Calgary.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank GL-Calgarian
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at the Long Beach Resort in Tofino, BC. The hotel is located on the nicest beach in the area. We visited the Wickininnish and were very happy that we chose this resort instead. We were able to walk right onto the beach from our room which was definitely a plus. The beach is long, sandy and uncrowded. Few hotels and homes. There were people strolling and surfers were out there enjoying the waves. We liked the grounds and the room - the bed was great!! The staff were young but extremely nice and enthusiastic. What we particularly enjoyed was the "great room" which housed both a formal and a casual dining area. The food was FANTASTIC in both places and the views are spectacular. There is a wall of glass which allows you to watch the most beautiful Tofino sunsets from almost every seat. The only thing which we would have liked is an inhouse spa although the staff said that they could arrange to have people from Tofino give massages in our room. We would definitely stay there again..ps you must go to Sobo's to eat while in Tofino!

7  Thank 4everyoung