“Could not have had a more amazing wedding here!”

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Reviewed November 20, 2008

My husband and I got married at the Resort in early September. I can not even beging to say how great our stay is. To start of Heather the event co-ordinator was very helpful through out the entire planning process. She responded to all my emails with questions and concerns, thourgly and in a timely fashion. As a hands on Bride I was pleased to here that almost anything was do-able and she gave lots of great tips and information on other Tofino Vendors.

When it came time for our wedding weekend, we along with our guest checked in the day before the wedding. While all the staff were very cheerful, there should have been more of them on. Some of our guest had to wait 10-15 min before being helped. The only complaint I had was with the room, we booked a oceanview thinking we would be in a room over looking the whole ocean. We did this as most of our guest had booked beacn front rooms and we wanted a bit of privacy. When we got to our room however it was partial ocean view and partial parking lot view. While a beautiful room not what I had imagined for my wedding, would have been great for any other occasion. I have noticed however on their website that it now specifies it's a partial view. This matter did get cleared up as my In-laws agreed to switch with us. The beach front room is simply amazing, the beds were so comfortable. Guest you stayed in the rainforest cottage were surprised at the size and how despit being of the main road how private it was. A couple of our guest had dogs as well and coult not get over the dog bed. bowl and treats waiting for them.

Heather was there to meet us as soon as the room situation got cleared up and was very calming in making sure everyone was on the same page for the next day( I honestly can not say enough about her, my wedding would not have been what it was without her) Later we talked with the restuarnt staff about having dinner with our 20 guest, they accomadated us as best they could as the dinning room would not be able to we all gathred around in the great room. This ended up being a much more fun relaxed atmosphere for everyone. The menu in the Great Room is limited however, and anyone that had fish and chips the chips were very overcooked.

As far as our wedding day goes, all the staff were amazing! We were asked several times by the manager how our meal was during the reception, Laura was our server both for our wedding and the night before in the Great Room and she is awesome, someone give this girl a raise. All night staff would come and congratulate us and make sure all was going well. The food was fantatsic all our guest couldn't get over the meal. They were also very accomadating to my sister who is a very picky eater! Basically anything we requested was promptly attended too. The continetal breakfast as well while not huge does satisfy. The selction on teas, fruit and breads hit the spot. Overall we had a great experience here with a few minor blimps but hey nothing is perfect. Our guest still can't stop talking about it, we will def be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pink22_83
Write a ReviewReviews (3,194)

Reviewed November 9, 2008

Wanting a getaway that was a relatively short drive from Victoria, and would welcome my dog "Roxie", I chose Long Beach Lodge Resort.
What a delight as we entered our suite to find dog blankets and dog dishes!
The warm and inviting beachfront suite had gas fireplace.sitting area, jetted tub and cozy king sized bed. Located on the first floor, it was just perfect for Roxie and I to take long walks on the beautiful sandy beach at Cox Bay.
It was wonderful spending hours in the " Great Room " beside the huge granite fireplace just reading or looking out to the magnificent views of pounding surf and numerous surfers.
The meals were fantastic, especially the seafood selection. All beautifully presented, along with excellent unrushed and relaxed service.
The included continental breakfast was superb with fresh fruits and freshly baked pastries and muffins.
It was a wonderful tranquil few days.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2008

One of our favorite vacation spots!
This is our second visit with our dog. We have only stayed in one of the rainforest cottages, which are amazing. 2bedroom, 2 bath, fireplace, private hot tub and full kitchen! The master bath has heated floors and huge soaker tub.
The resort has robes and rain jackets stocked in the cottage.
For dogs, they always put out a dog bed, towels, bowls and a treat, they also have poop bags right at the private entrance to the beach.

There is also a gourmet complimentary continental breakfast each am.

The staff is very helpful, a quiet and restful place to stay!
The great room has a bar and appetizers as well as full dining room.

Close to town and even closer to Chocolate Tofino (amazing chocolates) and the Tofitian (great coffee and teas)

Register for their email updates and they'll send you notices for amazing specials like stay 2 nights and get the 3rd free!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I find the previous comments inaccurate. I have stayed in both lodge rooms and cottages, and have found the whole experience beyond my expectations.
On arriving, I was welcomed with a choice of wine, tea, or coffee in the great room. This summer I traveled throughout Europe, and have made the evaluation that "The Great Room" with it's ocean view is not to be compared anywhere. The guestrooms are luxurious, with many extras. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The dining room experience was great fun. We appreciated the two for one entrees, and the waiter name Mark was very personable.
I am looking forward to my next visit to Long Beach Lodge Resort.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2008

The Long Beach Lodge offers a lot of fall/winter discounts and we took advantage of one to book a "beach front" room. I was really glad that we hadn't booked one of the cottages. Far from being "nestled in the forest", the cabins are actually lined up on either side of the access road that comes from the highway to the lodge. Our room in the lodge seemed small and claustrophobic, though it may have just been my mood. One ridiculous "feature" was a window between the bathroom and the bedroom that had wooden louvers. This was supposedly so that you could sit in the tub and look out at the ocean. It seemed to me they were just trying to emulate the Wickaninnish Inn, just down the road, which has rooms where the tub is right up against an outside window. The food in the restaurant was pretty good. The staff was efficient and workmanlike doing their jobs but they sure didn't seem to be very happy. All told, I would recommend staying at the Wickaninnish instead of the Long Beach Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I was looking for something special for my husbands 70th birthday and our stay at the Long Beach Resort certainly exceeded my expectations. A complimentary bottle of bubbly with birthday wishes set the tone for a fantastic weekend.

We're casual, outdoor people so we appreciated the spacious ground floor room with walk- out to the ocean. We felt like we had our own private luxury cabin complete with fireplace and nature guide books. Their choice of landscaping with native grasses, stone pathways and a discrete beach entrance meant the resort blended attractively into the surroundings. The resort is nicely located for exploring the many National Park trails as well as a place to enjoy picturesque Cox Bay.

Staff were attentive to our needs without being intrusive. A perfect combination for a peasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Perfect hotel for a bit of relaxation and Island fun.

We celebrated our 20th Anniversary in Long Beach Resort a couple of weeks back and it was a glorious few days.

We are not the resort type but I will make an exception for this beautiful, relaxed and friendly place, with a stunning location .

We had booked an oceanview room and because our fireplace was not working were upgraded to a beautiful beachfront suite.

The room was huge, the bathroom a delight with a powerful shower and double soaking tub .

The view was beautiful and we did not let a lot of rain deter us from nice walks on the beach (and neighbouring beaches) and rainforest walks.

The staff is friendly and efficient and we were so pleasantly surprised when on our actual anniversary we returned to a nice bottle of Champagne waiting for us in an ice bucket with two flutes. We had mentioned our anniversary in passing , for about 2 brief seconds and it had been noted.

A very much appreciated kind gesture.

The buffet breakfast is good though my only qualm is that it does get a bit "samey "after a couple of days.

But what a view from the "Great Room" and curling up on a sofa overlooking the mighty Pacific in all its splendour is quite lovely !

A very Romantic setting and we felt gloriously pampered and looked after.

I cannot imagine a more wonderful way to celebrate 20 years with the man you love and we certainly hope to return as soon as possible.

The Resort has in my opinion managed to combine luxury and convenience with an immensely relaxing and laid back feel and I love its rustic charm. It is unpretentious and yet wraps you in luxury and a warm cozy cocoon of luxury.

Long Beach Resort is one place I will never forget and I thank all the staff for making it such a welcoming place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple