“Perfect place to unwind with your pets” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Long Beach Lodge Resort

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Perfect place to unwind with your pets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Jim Hackett, owner of long beach lodge has done a fantastic job building a world class resort that embraces you and your pets. the pet friendly cabins are top notch. Heated floors in the bathroom, hot tub, big bathrooms, fireplace, quiet,clean. I could keep going on but you must try it out for yourself. Our two dogs had the time of their lives. After romping up and down the beach,running free, they plonked their tired wet bodies in front of the fireplace. The cabins come with dog towels, bowls and doggie treats. We cant wait to go back

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi Kate,

Thank you for your review, I am happy that both you and your dogs had a great visit! We will look forward to you all returning soon. Happy New Year.

Tim Hackett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Langley City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in the lodge for 3 nights and had a good time. The view of Cox beach is fantastic, the Great Room is awesomne to sit and have a drink in or a bite to eat. The service was spotty at times, with some being great and some so/so.
The room was looking a little tired and could definetly use makeovers...it was also a shame that the view from the tub wasn't better (they have louvered shutters that do not open).
One more thing that really sucked was thehieght of the shower control...every time my wife or I moved, we would bump it and change the temperature...it was far too high. there was also no in room information on the hotel or the surrounding are.

all in all a good time but for the price, I wouldn't stay in the rooms in the lodge again...I hear the cabins are much nicer and may give them a try....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Guy M
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad you had a great visit.

We are in the process of replacing all the showers and upgrading furniture. Unfortunately you stayed in one of the few rooms that that had not been redone. The completed rooms are great, especially with the new larger showers!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just wanted to start off by saying the Lodge is one of best hotels I have stayed at in a long time. I all so want to call out a few of the amazing staff who really made our stay so enjoyable. Garret at the surf school and restaurant was fantastic. Garret is a great asset to the Lodge he really made our stay at the hotel. He is a great surf instructor and his demeanor and attitude was amazing! Lindsey at the restaurant was also fantastic she helped arrange a day trip to some natural hot springs (a trip not to miss). The hotel rooms were very comfortable and clean the views of the ocean were spectacular.

Room Tip: Highly recomened the main floor ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. I am very proud of our staff, Garret is a wonderful surf instructor. We will look forward to your next visit.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was my first time staying at the Long Beach Lodge Resort, and I loved it! I stayed in a cottage over New Year's Eve 2013/14 with friends and it was amazing. The gas fireplace and private hot tub made it a perfect place to relax with a glass of wine. It was comfortable, private and quiet. We ate quite a bit in the Great Room (we had a kitchenette in the cottage as well), and I loved the food. The breakfast buffet had a great spread of food and stayed open until 10:30 so I could sleep in. The fireplace, stunning views of the ocean, comfy chairs and couches made the Great Room perfect for mid-day lounging, as well as dining.

We went surfing twice, and the staff were awesome at getting us suited up. We didn't have a lesson, but got some tips before heading out. It wasn't cold at all with the wetsuits, and after the sessions, we hopped into the hot tub at the surf centre. The gift shop next to the surf centre had great stuff in it, and I loved the jewelry selection. Thank you, Diane, for helping me pick some earrings!

Everything at the Lodge was a perfect mixture of comfortable friendliness and courteous professionalism. I met many of the staff members during my 4-night stay, and each one was friendly, efficient and welcoming. Everything made for an amazing experience that I'll never forget! I will definitely return to vacation here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you had such a great time, with your friends. We will look forward to your next visit as a return guest.

Happy New Year!

Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in a cottage during last Christmas season and enjoyed it very much. Private hot tub in the woods was awesome! I soaked myself every night. Housekeeping's service was quite well.

I gave 4 starts out of 5 because some waitresses in the restaurant (Great Room) were loudly chatted each other. It's a restaurant with great view of Cox Bay, not a pub. Many guests come to enjoy the view and food for themselves, not listen to what the waitresses are talking.

I will be back next year - may be couple times.

1 Thank 77BlueEyes
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you really enjoyed your visit.

I agree that serving staff should not be chatting to each other, it would bother me as well. I am sure it did not occur during our evening dinner service. I will discuss the matter with all our dining room management, so that staff can be reminded not to talk, while in the range of guests. I remember once, years ago, hearing two female morning servers, across the room, talking about how much beer they had consumed the evening before!

Best wishes for 2014.

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Four of us stayed at the Lodge for 3 nights from December 26, 2013. We had a room for the parents and a cabin for the adult kids. It was wonderfully relaxing. The staff were all super friendly and helpful and the ambiance of the Great Room was so conducive to slowing down and spending quality time together. We had a great boat trip with Josh, Chris who manages the restaurant took good care of us as did the hostess Kimberley and the wait staff. Highly recommend this property and experience. The Chapman family.

Room Tip: Same floor as the Greatroom
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great comments, I am delighted that your family had such a great visit.

I am very proud of our staff , many guests comment that it is the wonderful staff that keeps them returning to the Lodge. Josh, Chris and Kimberly are all superstars.

We look forward to your next visit, Happy New Year.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My immediate family congregated at Long Beach Lodge for a few days over Christmas, having stayed their many times before. This is a very comfortable and relaxing place to stay and the service was excellent as always. The Great Room is a great place to dine or just hang out. The staff are always supportive and as attentive as you want them to be without being imposing. The food was very good - good menu, well cooked and well presented. It's pretty much all adults staying there, but it could have been a bit more festive for the Xmas season (a tree, decorations on the Xmas dining tables, in the rooms etc.). The only downside...the coffee could be better! The fridge in our room (not used) was also a bit clunky and woke me up a few times.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites are great, with a sitting area and a fantastic sea view, but relatively expensi...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, feedback is always appreciated.

We will add table decorations next Christmas, as we did for New Years. I agree that the coffee could be better and we are switching to a new local coffee with our new breakfast program, later this month. I will have the fridge checked out, they were all replaced just before Christmas with new stainless steel product that is advertised as being completely silent. We stayed in a room over New Years and we remarked that we could not hear the fridge.

My very best wishes for the New Year, we will look forward to your next visit.