“Exceeded our expectations!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Memphis, Tennessee
“Exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a deluxe king room for two nights at Long Beach Lodge Resort. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Fabulous ocean view from our second floor deck! The Lodge is set back in a beautiful wooded natural setting and the beach was superb. We've never stayed in such a peaceful, relaxing, quiet place. The Great room is a lovely place for breakfast, drinks and/or dinner. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety to choose from. The front desk staff, especially Jennifer - was wonderful! Jen was very friendly, helpful, great suggestions of what to do in Tofino and even unloaded our car and brought our suitcases upstairs for us!! When we discovered a flat tire that night, she "volunteered" one of their maintenance men. The next morning, Jeff cheerfully changed our tire and we went into town to have it fixed. The auto repair shop Jeff recommended was across from the Tofino brewery, so waiting for the tire was actually fun!
Staying at Long Beach Lodge Resort was the highlight of our trip to Vancouver Island. I highly recommend this Lodge and hope to return one day!!

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor with balcony and ocean view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, it is comments like yours that makes what we do all worthwhile. I and glad that Jen and Jeff were able to look after things for you. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Jeff knew of an auto repair place, near the brewery! I hope you will visit us again, as return guests. I have visited your beautiful state.

Tim Hackett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Look, Tofino is one of the most spectacular places around, and this is an excellent place to enjoy it from. Very nice continental breakfast, spacious oceanfront room with a large bath (but a teeny shower that needs to be replaced pronto!). Very comfortable bed and things were clean and modern. The staff is laid back and helpful. I was wowed by Tofino and the beautiful beach upon Long Beach Lodge sits. We loved our trip and felt we celebrated in style. Long Beach Lodge is a very nice property indeed, not as elegant or expensive as its classier neighbor, the Wickaninish Inn. I would come back to Tofino in a heartbeat, and I'd be pleased to stay at Long Beach Lodge when I return.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I like the Wick as well, while both great resorts, we both offer guests a little different experience. The Wick is really the only other high end hotel in Tofino.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for three nights in one of the cottages, #15, and had a wonderful stay. We used all amenities offered -- from surf lessons and the whale watching boat tour to the laundry machines and hot tub. We dined in the restaurant once for dinner and tried other local options the other two nights. We loved the breakfast brunch -- it had everything we enjoy and more. The homemade oatmeal and granola were delicious, yogurt, fruit, cereals and baked goods--plenty of fuel for outdoor activities. Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful. It was the highlight of our trip to Vancouver Island and we wished we had spent all our time at Long Beach Lodge.

Room Tip: If you're going to book a cottage and don't mind a bit of a walk, we liked the cottages at t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review, it is greatly appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and took advantage of all our activities. I hope you saw a whale or maybe a bear with Captain Josh!

Toronto Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The place is beautiful. We were in a penthouse (third floor!) and had a beautiful view of the beach. The food was good at lunch and dinner. The breakfast buffet (included) was pretty lame, but for $12 you could add eggs, bacon etc. Seemed a little cheeky to charge for a few eggs.....

It was an absolutely lovely place to stay and my only complaint is that I didn't really understand Tofino when I booked it. The lodge is about 7 km out of town, so unless you want to drive into town for a different meal, you're eating at their restaurant every day. And the food was good, but three days was too long for my husband and me and our 20 year old son.

Prior to that we stayed one night at the House of Himwitsa, and after that we stayed two nights at the Wickininnish Inn.

I'd recommend Long Beach Lodge for honeymooners and couples. I sat for hours out on the balcony and watched the waves roll in. So very relaxing and energizing at the same time. I will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you review, I am glad that you enjoyed the penthouse. We are completely revamping our breakfast program for next year, as we believe the current buffet has had it's time and expectations have changed. We will look forward your next visit.

Shoham
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the long beach hotel. It was very good. We took the cottage (number 2). The cottage was beautiful, big and clean. The hot tub was a surprise. They had DVD to borrow and we had family movie watching at night. Also the surfing club was great. We took a private lesson that went very well. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your cottage, great for families. I hope you will return for some more surfing, now that you are experts!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went there to celebrate my 50th bday in July and had a really great experience. The resort isn't like anywhere else we've ever been - the place just feels really remote, wild and beautiful. Room overlooking the beach and the ocean was great, and dinner at the lodge was also great. In particular, the women who were working at the front desk were really nice and one in particular, Jen, did an amazing job of giving us advice on what to do. Thanks to her, we did a 4-hour sea kayaking excursion which was perfect, plus she also told us every single hike worth doing, and we did them all, one by one. (Hiking around there wasn't great - there were only short hikes on platform trails, for the most part, though the hike we did as part of the kayaking trip was really cool.) Jen's advice totally made our trip, but all the women at the front desk were really great and helpful. All the staff at the resort, really. It was just a great place to stay. Recommend it 100%.

Room Tip: Worth the extra we paid for the room overlooking the ocean. Really beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review and comments, I am delighted you had such a wonderful visit to the Lodge and the West Coast. I am glad that Jen was so helpful, she is awesome and loves helping guests. We will look forward to your next visit.

Toronto
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just finished an amazing two week vacation in British Columbia which ended with 5 wonderful nights in Tofino. In Tofino we returned to Long Beach Lodge after having first stayed here 9 years ago. My expectations were high having nostalgic memories from our last visit and having recommended the Lodge to several other families including two who stayed here earlier this summer. In most respects I really enjoyed this hotel and if I returned to Tofino again I would definitely return to this hotel. Our two bedroom cottage was spacious and nicely appointed. The Great Room is still the most beautiful room for dining in Tofino and many of the hotel staff were great to deal with. I have a few small points though that prevent me from saying that it was as stellar as I had remembered. The house keeping in the cottage was minimal and aside from tidying up the bathroom, making the beds and throwing out the garbage, it did not seem as if the room was ever cleaned, I.e. crumbs on the coffee table, sticky hand marks on the fridge. We had as stayed at the Four Seasons in Vancouver and Whistler where the housekeeping seemed to be much better. I wasn't sure if thay was to be expected since this was a cottage so I didn't mention it until we left at which time I was told that that sort of thing should have been done. I found the service at breakfast a bit aloof and sometimes downright unfriendly (demanding my breakfast voucher when joining my husband and children who were already seated). It was also a bit unfortunate that although we had breakfast and dined in the Great Room several times, we were never able to sit at a window seat and truly enjoy the view because the room is set up so that there were only tables for two at the windows. I also thought the breakfast, while very good, could use some variety with the fruit selection as it was the same fruit salad for five days in a row and should offer hot chocolate along with the other beverages without charging extra so that kids could also enjoy a hot drink in the morning. We had a great surfing lesson from Davin, had wonderful meals in the Great Room and enjoyed the setting and beach immensely so I would still happily return but hope that some of this minor items get improved upon in the meantime.

Room Tip: Would choose an ocean view room instead of a cottage
1 Thank SR40
lblr, Manager at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your return visit to the resort, I am glad that your enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that you did not find the housekeeping quite as good as you expected, this is something I have told staff has to improve. While management checks all the rooms and cottages before guests arrive, it is sometimes difficult to check on stay overs, as we do not want to disturb guests. As things slow down a bit in September, I will be scheduling another training session for cleaning staff. The breakfast program is going to be revamped for next year, as we have had a number of complaints concerning the complimentary buffet this year.