“Beautiful and so Welcoming”

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed last month in one of your Rain Forest Cottages...My daughter and her husband and my grandchildren from England had a tremendous time...The cottage was impeccable everything we needed was there....even our own private hot tub on the back deck...The food was excellent and the service I must say was superior....My husband and I have stayed at a lot of Hotels and Lodges, but I must say they do not hold a candle to the Rain Forest Cottage...My granddaughter and her father had a wonderful time learning to surf...We will be back !! Next time I will bring our whole family and take up 3 Cottages and stay for a week...Thankyou so much for the service it was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed in our own private cottage ...that is defineatly the place to stay..for privacy and just a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy N
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for such I nice review, we are always delighted when guests enjoy their visit as you have. The Surf Centre was opened just one year ago and has been a big hit with guests. With our private surfing lessons, it is a great adventure for families to do together. We look forward to your next visit as return guests. Thank you.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We try and spend sometime every year around our anniversary date at LBL. This year (41st) we were their on the actual date. I had e-mailed Chef Ian and asked if he would prepare a special anniversary dinner for us (Chateaubriand). It had to be a surprise for my wife. Chef Ian agreed and the wheels were set in motion.
First of all the dinner was a surprise to my wife
The dinner that was prepared for us was perfect.
The preparation was perfect. The presentation was outstanding. The wine recommended could not have been improved.
Thanks to Head Chef Ian, Chef Randy, Mike and Shawn for making that night Great.
Looking forward to giving Head Chef Ian a new challenge next year.
Thanks to all of the LBL staff for being so social and caring

G. & B.A.

Room Tip: If you happen to be travelling with another couple, request a two bedroom, two bathroom cabin. Comes...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Garnet H. S
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your great review, I am pleased we were able to surprise your wife with the dinner. We are very proud of our team and their culinary skills, they delight in pleasing our guests. We will look forward to welcoming you back again next year for another anniversary visit and dinner.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have stayed at LBL before but not during the past few years, due to fears about tsunamis. Seriously. Yearning for the wild west coast & the luxuries of LBL overcame this concern & we're glad we made the journey again. Top notch accommodation & views, friendly efficient staff, delicious food & stunning location can't be beat. We lived to tell the tale.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoyCoquitlamBC

We were glad to welcome you back. I hope that you will try again now that you have conquered your fears! The hotel is constructed with a whole series of sheer walls to withstand earthquakes and most tsunamis. Unless an earthquake was under the ocean close to the beach, officials are able to provide plenty of warning. We have a plan in place, to evacuate guests, should there ever be a tsunami warning. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff at Long Beach Lodge. Everyone employee who passes by has a smile and a friendly word for their guests. Front desk and restaurant service are the very best! The genuine hospitality conveyed by the staff is without an ounce of pretension. We enjoyed a surf lesson with the supportive and very congenial Ryland. It was supreme pleasure to play in the surf at Cox Bay, and more supreme pleasure just to walk on that gorgeous expanse of sand. The ocean front room was super clean and the deck is great for watching the action in the Bay. Oh, and the food was excellent as well.
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff. Guests often tell me that while the beauty of the Lodge and the area are a given, it is the warm and welcoming staff that keeps them returning. There is so much to do in Tofino, I am delighted you enjoyed surfing with Ryland on Cox Bay.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night and what a piece of jewl this was. Originally recommended for lunch we decided to stay a night. Staff is very friendly and atentative to our needs. You get what you pay for its not cheep but its worth it. Will stay here next time we are on the island.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Uber-trip

Wow, you came for lunch and decided to stay for the night, awesome! I am delighted that you enjoyed your short visit with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my third stay at Long Beach Lodge. I love it here and wish I could have stayed a few more days. The bed and bedding is wonderful. I had the deluxe ocean front room twice and the partial ocean front room the first time I stayed and it was great too.
The breakfast they serve each morning is wonderful, all homemade baking and fresh fruit bowel and yogurt, Yum!
It is wonderful walking on the beach and in the evening just sitting on the deck listening to the surf.
They now have surfing lessons and wildlife tour but I did not sign up for these, maybe next time.
I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor which is definitely quieter,
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I try and come in the spring and fall. We always request the ocean view room on either end of the lodge and your gracious staff always accommodates us!!!
The breakfasts are something to look forward to each morning.....and the smells of fresh baking are heavenly.
After a day of enjoying the many things to see and do, it is a warm and peaceful atmosphere to come back to.
The cuisine served at Long Beach Lodge is some of the very best we've ever had...and just writing this makes me look forward to our next visit with you!!!
The staff does a wonderful job of looking after our room and it's always a pleasure to come back to!!
Until next time...
Thank You so much...
Ron and Diane Mahy

Room Tip: Rooms on either end of the front of the lodge are perfect..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your great review, it is comments like yours that make it all seem worthwhile for myself and staff. Hopefully we will see you sometime in the fall, have a wonderful summer.