“Pizza and ice hockey!”

Ranked #17 of 57 Restaurants in Tofino
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This pizza place doesn't look much from the outside as it's on an industrial estate, but it was across the road from the cottage we were staying in so we thought we'd give it a try. Lovely! My salmon and rocket pizza was excellent (and even better cold the next day eaten on Long beach for picnic lunch!). We took the pizza back (having called in at Tofino brewery while the pizza was cooking for some of their fantastic beer) and watched ice hockey. I think my partner would have done this every night if I'd let him!

There are newer reviews for RedCan Gourmet

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I saw good reviews here, and tried it out myself- and I was not disappointed. I came for lunch and had a ham and cheddar sandwich- the bread, lettuce and turkey were all fresh and tasty. My girlfriend had the turkey sandwich and hers was just as tasty.

While it was nothing to write home about, and a tad expensive for a couple sandwiches and water (~$24) I would recommend for a simple, fun lunch with some great staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were there with 2 young families, but we all love our food. With 4 kids under 5, there is no way we could survive a nice establishment, so when we stopped by this 'joint' we were more than surprised to discover the high food quality, and friendly staff awaiting!

They serve pizzas, pastas, and sandwiches - which all sound humdrum, but they are all gourmet versions with the freshest ingredients. The portions were huge too - bonus! My pipsqueak son (normally eats 2 slices?), shared a 10 inch pizza with his 5 year old friend, and they polished the whole thing off.

The staff was also very helpful and patient, as we had 4 kids who had too much sun (in Tofino?!) and were starving at 8pm. The only tables were 2 large outdoor picnic tables, thank goodness, and the staff gave the kids a big empty box to play with. it was genius. Water/cups served without asking, and just enthusiasm for their food and customers.

The desserts.... oh, the desserts. Not the biggest selection, but that's not a problem when all you need are 3-4 really really good bites of the lemon meringue, or banana ganache cream pie... and I realized that the owner also bakes muffins/goods for the Tofitian Coffee shop! Those muffins were to die for!!!

As you can tell, we loved this place. I'm going to preach about it to anyone going even close to the West Coast, because you will want to have at least 1 meal here if you're near.

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I paid $13 for a fresh sandwich and side salad to go. What I was served was worth may more than $13. Amazing ingredients and friendly service. So bummed my boyfriend ate the leftovers from the fridge!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Delicious spot, perfect for takeaway (there is limited patio seating). We tried this place because of all of the Trip Advisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. We had the "dirty mac & cheese", which was a gourmet mac & cheese with pulled pork and it was outstanding. Everything on the menu looked good, and I believe they have a changing menu depending on what's in season.