“Great for picnics too!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
UK
“Great for picnics too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Excellent take out food, real gourmet stuff. We stopped regularly to pick up lunches to take to the beach and to our hotel balcony - make this part of your routine and you will not regret it. Our highlights included superb roast beef and pulled pork sandwiches (each was enough for 2) and an excellent Greek salad. Tofino is so fortunate to have the bar set so high for all food and this meets those expectations, with take out of gourmet standards and very reasonable prices. Wish we had Red Can back home! An excellent, broad menu.

• Visited April 2014

Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Breakfast in a bag, Dinner in a box!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Breakfast in a bag: We stay at the Pacific Sands Beach Resort and enjoy the Red Can's breakfast, which was delivered to our room every morning of our stay. The granola and yogurt is wonderful and you've ruined breakfast for us now as we only want your granola and yogurt combination.

Dinner in a box: We ordered dinner on our last night and will definitely be doing so again in future visits. The food was great, the salad and dressing was fabulous and great portions for take-out. We called ahead and the order was ready to go when I arrived. Friendly staff and excellent service... overall good value for the money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Richard H
Tofino, Canada
“Best chowder in Tofino.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Red Can has the best seafood chowder in Tofino !

I live in Tofino and when I want some chowder Red Can is my go to. They also make great crusty bread. Honestly, it's all good at Red Can. Desserts too. And the salmon pasta.

The price is a bit high (considering it's take out) but I keep going back because it's so good!

Prices are high in Tofino in general b/c food has to travel a long way and businesses only have a few months to make their yearly revenue… Just important to keep in mind when you are there.

I've also been lucky to attend a few events catered by Red Can and they always do an amazing job of presenting and keeping it delicious.

Cons (just to keep the review balanced):
lack of outdoor seating, the wait can be long during the lunch/dinner rush - If you are in a hurry phone in your order ahead of time so you don't have to wait around at the Red Can
OR go at a time when you aren't in a rush
^Just plan ahead !

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Please Sir, I want some more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

The bar is set pretty low when it comes to improving upon the typical fare I find in Fort McMurray, AB but I still feel like I know a good meal when I eat one in spite of the foodie nightmare I call home.

The RedCan team impressed from the moment we walked through the door in the afternoon (to scope the place out) and had us looking forward to dinner for the rest of the day. They did not disappoint.

From easily the best Caesar salad I've ever eaten to the perfectly cooked pizzas that were still hot when I got them back to our room, I cannot say enough good things about our RedCan experience. Fresh, local, and Gourmet.

I went to culinary school so I like to think I know a thing or two about good food. This was a simple meal and yet still simply the best food I've eaten in a long time.

• Visited November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“wedding cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

ordered two wedding cakes . One carrot cake and one chocolate ganache. huge and absolutely superb. Guests raved. Plus two small lemony birthday cakes for two guests. Wonderful.
Initial contact and subsequent dealings all via phone from a long way away. No deposit demanded - in fact didn't meet Tim the owner Until trying to settle the bill a few days later. Such a refreshing old fashioned way of doing business. Highly recommend

Visited November 2013