“Amazing from the first foot through the door!”

Pacific Surf School
Ranked #3 of 50 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Pacific Surf School, we’ll have you riding the waves faster than you ever imagined! Voted #1 Surf School in Tofino, & Top 10 Surf Schools in the World (National Geographic, 2012); where else would you want to learn? We make it easy (and fun!) with group lessons, family lessons and private lessons all year long - and for all ages and skill levels. Pacific Surf School has been loving and teaching surfing on Tofino’s legendary beaches since 1998.
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing from the first foot through the door!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pacific Surf School is amazing. Hands down, flat out, amazing. My wife, 6 year old daughter, and I all walked into a random surf shop on a whim whilst spending time in Tofino. It turned out to be the Pacific Surf School, and instead of being made to feel like a bunch of old fuddy-duddies at a skate park, we were welcomed with open arms into the world of surfing.

From start the finish the staff were a genuine pleasure to deal with, were genuinely interested in us as human beings, and enthusiastically shared their clearly deep passion for surfing.

...and as for learning to surf? Well, we did. I guess this ticks all the boxes! I can't recommend Pacific Surf School highly enough.

Great service. Great people. Great times.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Whilst holidaying in Canada, our children wanted to try surfing. The older two (15 and 17) had been once six years ago, but the youngest who is 12, had never tried it. We booked a family lesson which lasted approx. 3 hours, and they all loved it. As a family group booking, they had their own instructor - Liam, who was great, really supportive and helpful. They had varying levels of success, but all had a great experience, and want to do it again - soon!

Visited July 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great time Surfing”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was in BC visiting some friends and we decided to try surfing. I looked online and these guys seemed pretty good.
I was blown away. Our instructors Liam and Troy did a great job,and offered encouragement and good tips. While I didn't have a lot of success, i loved every minute of it.
And the photographer got amazing shot for a pretty good price for a dvd of them.
I would go again.

London, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome fun and well organized”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My kids and I had never tried surfing before, and after the lesson we had the confidence to rent our own equipment and head out on our own. Allan was our instructor... he was really fantastic. Really enthusiastic and my kids really liked him. He was really friendly and catered the lesson to all of us from my 11 yr old son to me... slightly older. Water is cold but the wetsuits keep you comfortable so it wasn't even a concern. The only negative was that we had to put on wetsuits that hadn't dried yet (which is both difficult and slightly uncomfortable) but it was a busy weekend so no big deal. The lesson was excellent and we had plenty of time to practice in the water after learning what we needed to know.... from the surfing basics to rip current mechanics and safety. We booked through the website Pacific Surf Hub as it was slightly cheaper than booking directly and all was organized and in place when we arrived in Tofino for the lesson. The equipment was all in good shape (better than some other rental places) and the prices were very good. We all thought it was one of the best things we have done and had a blast. We would all recommend this to anyone!

Victoria, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a spur of the moment urge to learn how to surf, and managed to join in a beginner lesson within an hour of our call. There were less then 10 people in the class and our instructor Allan was the bees knees! He really took his time to explain safety, etiquette, and currents to us so we would feel comfortable in the water. He made sure to visit and help out everyone individually. Not to mention his super supportive attitude! Both my self and may partner were able to stand well before the end of the lesson.
Allan said his favourite thing about being an instructor was introducing newbies to the "surf bug" and I have to say we caught it hard. We have been up to tofino every other weekend since! We ran into Allan a couple times and not only did he remember us, but was totally stoked to see us back.
I would highly recommend Allan and pacific surf school for anyone, or family wanting to have an amazing experience while learning to surf for the first time. Their prices may seem a little up there but the gear is great, and the instructors are solid. I guarantee I will be going back for a lesson on those green waves.

Visited June 2013