“If there is 1 shop you should go to, it's this one!”

Pacific Surf School
Ranked #7 of 51 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Pacific Surf School, we’ll have you riding the waves faster than you ever imagined! Voted #1 Surf School in Tofino, & Top 10 Surf Schools in the World (National Geographic, 2012); where else would you want to learn? We make it easy (and fun!) with group lessons, family lessons and private lessons all year long - and for all ages and skill levels. Pacific Surf School has been loving and teaching surfing on Tofino’s legendary beaches since 1998.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If there is 1 shop you should go to, it's this one!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

PSS, was one of the best services I have ever experienced. My GF and I did the Intro Surf Lesson (3hrs- plenty of time) for $75 dollars each. This included everything we needed for the Pacific's cold water, plus our board!

Our teacher Allister was awesome, funny and great at his job! We were given a great crash corse including potential dangers in the bay. However, Allister made sure to let us know that no matter what he would be there in any sort of emergency. Super nice and trust worthy!

I unfortunately popped my knee out of its joint, but thanks to our amazing teacher I was out of the water, leg elevated with an ice pack in know time flat. He made sure that I was alright, offered me amazing advice and even drove me, my girlfriend and our two bikes back to town.

Over the next couple of days whenever we saw anyone from Pacific Surf School they would ask how I was feeling.

These people are super nice, obviously love their jobs and want to make sure you have the best surfing experience possible. You should check them out!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Brendan B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Instructor was knowledgeable and very patient with kids. Highly recommend if you are looking for lessons.

Newport Beach, California
“Hanging five in Tofino”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My boys got their wetsuits (much needed, by the way as the water's cold!!)....and lessons from Pacific Surf School. The instructor kept it simple for them to learn and have fun....they were out in the water, paddling and even getting up on their boards!! It was great.

Newport Coast, CA
“Fun time with the kids”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had a great time renting and using their equipment. After our initial instructions, I spent a week with my boys doing paddle boarding and surfing around Chesterman Beach. Great time

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The surfing lesson was fantastic. The instructor was great, and very
good at working with a diverse group of 12 year old twins, my wife who
hasn't spent much time at all in the ocean, and me, who hadn't really board
surfed before, but have had a lot of time swimming and paddling in surf.
The equipment was in great condition (especially for so late in the season).

Particular highlights -

The instructor's on-the-beach talk. He kept the kids engaged, and the general
overview was *much* more involved, and valuable, than I'd expected.

Picking less poplated sections of surf, and keeping the family
together.

The instructor's strong encouragement.

I will highly recommend the Pacific Surf School to friends heading out that way.
They run a great program.