“Best Oysters in the Pacific Northwest”

The Fish Store and Oyster Bar
Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Come in to buy the freshest local seafood to take home and cook or sit back, relax and allow us to do the cooking for you.
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We ate incredible fresh oysters here on a couple of occasions and they were undoubtedly the best we've eaten. Don't miss the Buck a Chuck between 7 and 9pm! We also bought Salmon to barbeque - delicious!

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Doesn't get more fresh than this! Healthy and to-die-for! Sat at the bar with my mom and enjoyed chatting with other guests at the bar and the friendly oyster shucker! Super friendly staff that seem to like what they do! $1 Oysters from 7pm-9pm. Can't be beat! Highly recommend it. Also loved Oyster Rockefeller and Clam Chowder.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We sat right at the bar and watched our freshly shucked oysters served on their bed of ice with fresh lemon, freshly shaved horseradish, and two choices of amazing mignonette sauces; jalapeño cilantro and local blackberry were both incredible! If you're going for buck-a-shuck, get there right at 7 or slightly before, the line up gets pretty thick! Staff is incredibly friendly, and the local Tofino brew on tap was a perfect complement!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great fish, and the gentlemen behind the counter was very helpful, but the waitress was racist and rude to people of colour.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I spent in Canada almost one month, from Vancouver to the rockies mountain and back, Vanvouver Island with Victoria and Tofino. So far the fish Store and Oyster Bar has been the best meal I've ever had in Canada.
Why?
The shop is divided into two ambients, the fish shop and the bar, together in the same shop but two different businesses, you can buy fresh fish and take it at home as well as ask them to cook it for you. I would raccomend both the option.
I picked the salmon and I have tried the belly of the salmon, You can request, when the bar is not busy, to cook your fish in your way.
I am from Italy and unfortunately I am needy and picky about food. The guys working there are great, but this is a common things for Canadians, the athmosphere is nice and around 6 pm they organize special offer for the Oysters.
Bruno