“Good food”

Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Come in to buy the freshest local seafood to take home and cook or sit back, relax and allow us to do the cooking for you.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great fish, and the gentlemen behind the counter was very helpful, but the waitress was racist and rude to people of colour.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I spent in Canada almost one month, from Vancouver to the rockies mountain and back, Vanvouver Island with Victoria and Tofino. So far the fish Store and Oyster Bar has been the best meal I've ever had in Canada.
Why?
The shop is divided into two ambients, the fish shop and the bar, together in the same shop but two different businesses, you can buy fresh fish and take it at home as well as ask them to cook it for you. I would raccomend both the option.
I picked the salmon and I have tried the belly of the salmon, You can request, when the bar is not busy, to cook your fish in your way.
I am from Italy and unfortunately I am needy and picky about food. The guys working there are great, but this is a common things for Canadians, the athmosphere is nice and around 6 pm they organize special offer for the Oysters.
Bruno

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We bought a crab and halibut to cook. Great fresh fish and VERY helpful ideas from the staff!!! We bought a Dungeness crab already cooked and it was great!

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

First time was great. Sat on the patio and had delicious food. Tried to go again, our group of 4.5 was turned away due to lack of space.

4  Thank Mavericksandsun
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have paid several visits to The Fish Store and Oyster Bar. Every visit, I have been greeted by a beautiful, outgoing and very attentive and friendly young lady immediately as I sat at the bar.
Upon arrival, I was welcomed with a tall glass of ice cold water and a menu before I could even take my jacket off. If you ask me, that is top notch service. When I visit The Oyster Bar, often during Buck-A-Shuck, I almost feel at home because the environment is so welcoming and the team is so darn friendly!!!
I love me some raw oysters and when you can get them for a dollar a shuck, with a $4 ice cold lucky?! I call that a bargain. Another thing I like about the oyster bar is the variety of mignonettes offered. The last one I tried was a mint-champagne mignonette and it was absolutely divine!
I could go on forever about just how absolutely wonderful this place is. Just take my word, if you pay a visit for some cocktails and oysters, wine and dinner… whatever the occasion, visiting The Fish Store and Oyster Bar is - without a doubt - the RIGHT decision folks!!

2  Thank KaylaBay09