“Interesting combinations - excellent flavours”
Review of Chocolate Tofino

Chocolate Tofino
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Tofino
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Tucked away in the bush, you'll find the perfect stop after a long day of travel. Founded in 2003, Chocolate Tofino is built on a legacy of fine, hand-crafted chocolates made fresh, with the highest quality ingredients. Seeking to incorporate local flavors into their selection such as the Salt Spring Island Organic Lavender Truffle, Wildflower Honey Ganache and Clayoquot Blackberry Buttercream.Stop in and see the Chocolatiers hard at work making beautiful artistic chocolates in an open kitchen or take home a Chocolate Tofino Bear, filled with little chocolate fish and sea creatures – a true West Coast experience!All of their delicious Gelato and Sorbet is also made fresh in house from whole ingredients blended with natural flavours and is sure to please even the most discerning palette.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a lavender honey and salty caramel ice cream in waffle cones....so good and generous servings. We bought some chocolates as gifts so we can't review those - but they look great and equally interesting combinations.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

In a little "strip center" -- but not your normal strip center, looks more like Hanalei than LA -- south of town, tucked into the corner (or you can wind around the back on the "secret path"), Chocolate Tofino is definitely worth a visit. We found it staffed by two super friendly young people (1 from Manitoba, 1 "born and raised" in Tofino), and featuring a small but quite adequate showcase of chocolates , both inventive as well as some standards. We tried 4 or 5 different ones, disappointed by none. Don't know how soon we'll get back to Tofino, but whenever that is, we'll be back here. . .

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Well worth finding or just follow your nose as the chocolates are made right there. Am a new lover of cream filled chocolates but these are like no other. The fruit flavours are so well balanced with the chocolate. Seems expensive at first but averages out and so well worth it!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have done a lot of travelling around the world and ice cream is always a must have but the ice cream at Chocolate Tofino was amazing. My husband and I had two scoops in a cups - we each had Hedgehog ice cream as one of the flavours as it was our favourite and then each had a second scoop of another flavour - each took something different (belgium mint chocolate and raspberry/white chocolate were the other flavours we enjoyed). The portions were extemely generous in size - excellent value. We ate at the tables outside and visited with others who were equally impressed.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love Chocolate Tofino! As a year round resident of the Pacific Rim area I enjoy having a place to go with unique tastes like Chocolate Tofino. Just last weekend we went in and I sampled the Lavender Honey ice cream - SO delicious! I liked it so much I tried another custom flavour, the White Chocolate and Raspberry, which came home with me in a pint for later. The staff here make this truly an amazing spot by being polite and friendly. I'll continue to recommend!