“Best time of your life!”
Review of Tofino Surf School

Tofino Surf School
Ranked #9 of 51 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tofino Surf School is a local owner operated business. We offer small group sizes and personalized surf lessons. Surfing and teaching people how to surf is our passion. Tofino Surf School has taught thousands of people to surf young and old, including people with disabilities. We would love to get you started too!When you take a lesson with Tofino Surf School you have many options to choose from. You and your friends can opt to book a group lesson, you and your friends can join one of our scheduled lessons. You can can book a private 1-on-1 lesson or if you have some surf experience and your own equipment you can sign up for a surf guide where we show you the best surf spots and paddle out with you. You can give us a call and we will try our best to accommodate you.
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best time of your life!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the second year in a row that I have been to tofino surf school for surf lessons. Both times have been amazing! Jeff and his crew always make sure you catch a few waves! They are so patient and kind. This second time I organzied a group lesson for my family reunion. The surf school was so accomadating and understanding while waiting for everyones height's, wieghts and last minute number changes. Jeff even took picures and emailed them to us! You will not be dissapointed if you book through tofino surf school!

1 Thank CKnopps

Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My mother and I had a phenomenal experience with Jeff and Tofino Surf School! We were both a little nervous in the beginning (particularly my mom as she felt she would be "too old" for surfing) but Jeff immediately made us comfortable. He gave us simple, brief instructions that were easy to follow once we were in the water, then offered excellent corrections in the water to make sure we were up and surfing the waves within a couple of minutes!!! The booking experience was also well organized and easy- Thanks Maia!

One last thing to note- DON'T BE DETERRED BY THE COLD WATER! They outfit you perfectly in wetsuits and booties, it was the warmest I was for our entire trip to Tofino!

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Outstanding Experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough wonderful things about Jeff. Our daughter was itching to get into the surf for the first time, but was a little nervous. Jeff was so patient and kind and professional from start to finish. It is rare to find such a fine individual, and such a natural-born teacher. His passion for the waves and for sharing that joy is infectious and heart-warming. My daughter had an amazing afternoon. In fact, she got up the very next morning, rented a board, and was in the water before I even had my first coffee of the day!

Thank-you so so much for everything, Jeff. You are an amazing guy.

3 Thank SSL260
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time all around”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a great lesson with Wes,
and loved the enthusiasm shown by
the entire Tofino Surf School team.
Haven't had that much fun in a while.
Well worth the price, and experience.
A solid 10 out of 10.

1 Thank 12M12
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just great!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my time - was definitely worth the money. Jeffro is a great teacher, and was extremely nice with booking (I asked for a group lesson and he confirmed, but in the end I was the only one, but still only payed the group price!).
I felt really comfortable with Jeffro as he was so kind and explained everything very well. Also, I had the feeling that he is really enjoying teaching beginners and never gets annoyed! And I think he adapts really quickly to the people (their abilities, needs, etc.)...
Would definitely get into the water with him again!!

Visited June 2013