“Best place to learn to surf”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bruhwiler Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't get left sitting on the beach this summer! Learn to Surf in one of our Daily Lessons or Surf Camps (girls only or co-ed). Owned and operated by local professional surfer Raphael Bruhwiler.
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best place to learn to surf”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The guys were extremely friendly and pleasant to spend time on the water with. Had a great time surfing and would recommend anyone to chose this school!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Maria C

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome first time surf experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My partner and son and I took our first ever surf lesson . We had a blast! Alex and Wes were great instructors we all got up on our boards!!! Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Erin M
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Very good experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wes was super laid back and really let us go when it was time. Small groups are the way to go for any kind of lesson, no waiting around. Gave a few pointers once we were getting up on our own and made the whole experience worthwhile. He didn't even mind when I called him Matt the whole lesson, ha ha. I ignored his advice not to turn your back on the waves the next day surfing on my own and got clocked with my board for it, so take the lesson seriously and remember what you were taught! Lucky me, it was the foamtop that got me and not very hard.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wes was awesome!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Due to the time of year we went to Tofino, it was quiet so we were able to get our own private lesson with Wes. The waves were just big enough for our first lesson, and we had a blast. Wes spent some time with us on the sand going over some key things we needed to know, and then got us in the water and let us at it. Since my friend and I were alrealy athletes, I think he allowed us to be on our own a little more, which we both liked. But he kept watching us and giving us encouragement and feedback to help us out. It was so much fun and I would highly recommend trying to surt if you're in Tofino. And Bruhwiler is a great school to complete a lesson with!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank babyblues33
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Not a lot of teaching going on here. Not that I'm complaining but..... for a 2 hour lesson there is about 15 mins of teaching and the rest is up to you. I've surfed before but the waves were really intense, perhaps too intense for a beginner. If it's your first time try to book a lesson when the waves are small. Super nice instructor though!

Visited June 2012