“Lots of fun”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Bruhwiler Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't get left sitting on the beach this summer! Learn to Surf in one of our Daily Lessons or Surf Camps (girls only or co-ed). Owned and operated by local professional surfer Raphael Bruhwiler.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Not a lot of teaching going on here. Not that I'm complaining but..... for a 2 hour lesson there is about 15 mins of teaching and the rest is up to you. I've surfed before but the waves were really intense, perhaps too intense for a beginner. If it's your first time try to book a lesson when the waves are small. Super nice instructor though!

1  Thank MareT05

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a great guide, Marco! He made our 3 hour lesson fun and casual. Everything was done and well organized. I was very impressed and the price was the most reasonable as compared to other schools in the area.

1  Thank Amii S
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We arrived at the office and checked in an I could feel the adventure begin. I who cannot chew gum and walk at the same time was about to try and surf. The guys at Bruhwiler were awesome. Our instructor Wes had an easy laid back manor that made you feel that yes I can get up on that board. We were off to the water and the encouraging words still ring in my head "good try", "good paddling" all trying hard to speak the obvious my back side was never getting in the upright position. Content to ride the waves to show I could not wipe the smile from my face. I loved the entire experience, and would recommend it to anyone. I finally did get up on my knees so as far as I'm cincerned I am a surfer! Thanks Bruhwiler another check off the bucket list.

2  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We took lessons from Bruhwiler Surf School on our honeymoon. They typically have lessons on South Chesterman Beach and use Roxy gear. We really liked that they have one instructor per 5 ppl so you get to ask questions and they also have the best deal where if you want to keep your board for the rest of the day it's only $15. Also I have a convertible so the second day we rented the gear and they offered to take it down to the beach for us! All round good experience.

1  Thank kimmerz71