“Good fun in crummy weather”

Cleanline Sportfishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tofino's premium sportfishing specialist offers fully guided and outfitted saltwater and freshwater fishing charters. Targeting salmon, halibut, trout and steelhead, our luxury Tofino fishing charters combine local knowledge and a passion for the sport with attention to comfort and safety of our clients. All vessels and guides are Transport Canada Certified and all top of the line fishing tackle and premium bait provided. Experience charter fishing in Tofino at it's finest, experience the difference!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just accept it: fishing charters are expensive, and you can't be guaranteed of anything, especially the weather and whether the fish are going to bite. Having said that, if you're going to do it, there's no better place than Tofino and no one better to take you out than Blake. We picked a miserable, cold, wet day, and it was too rough to go out for halibut, so we stuck to salmon and calmer waters. Blake did everything he could to give us a great experience, pointing out the local wildlife and keeping in touch with other charters to make sure we were in the best possible spot. Unfortunately we still bobbed around for 5 or 6 hours before anything happened, but just as Blake had predicted, the fish started biting at high tide, just as we'd resigned ourselves to going home empty-handed. We certainly did as well or better than anyone else who was out fishing that day, plus we had an excellent guide, a safe and comfortable boat, and beautiful scenery.

Cleanlinefishing, Owner at Cleanline Sportfishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for the great review and kind words! You've pretty much summed up our early fishing season adventure in Tofino and I'm glad you enjoyed the trip so much! Although there are still great fishing opportunities in April, it's all about making the best out of whatever weather we're presented with--and we sure did! Thanks again and I'm looking forward to hosting you again soon.
Owner/ head guide
Cleanline Sportfishing, Tofino, B.C.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Blake made the Easter weekend special by taking my daughter, her friend and I out to just the right spots. He provided the girls with calm, reassuring instructions on how to land Chinook and Halibut. They had a blast. It helped that it was a sunny, Saturday afternoon Charter. Blake was knowledgeable about the fishing spots and gave wonderful advice on what to expect and it paid off. The boat is comfortable, so much so that the slow quiet drift made it hard not to fall asleep. Blake even took the time to let us watch some whales, a sea otter and a seal. The crab in the trap and the end of the day was a welcomed surprise.
If in the Tofino area check out Cleanline for your fishing charter, but don't book him when I want to go out........

Cleanlinefishing, Owner at Cleanline Sportfishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to host the three of you over the Easter weekend and I'm glad that everything worked out so well! It sure makes a difference when both the weather and the fish cooperate. I look forward to hosting you again this summer.

Owner/ Head Guide

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Blake took my friends and I out for a day in April 2012 and I don't think I have enjoyed a guided trip more than with Blake. The boat is great, Blake was very helpful and attentive, and he took us to a variety of spots to give us the best experience possible. Can't say enough good things about Blake and our experience with Cleanline.

Thank you for the nice review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience and I'm looking forward to hosting you and your friends again sometime soon. Feel free to keep in touch and enjoy the fish!

Owner/ Head Guide
Cleanline Sportfishing

Reviewed February 29, 2012

What an incredible experience! I went out on a Wilderness River Drift with Blake for the day and will never forget it. Soon after being dropped off in a pristine lake, accessible only by float plane, we journeyed down a river by boat and I hooked into a couple of 8-10 pound steelhead. Beyond the fishing, the experience of drifting through an untouched rainforest can not be beat. I do a lot of travel in BC and this is one of the best day trips I have ever been on. Top notch!!

Cleanlinefishing, Owner at Cleanline Sportfishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Hi Bob,

I wanted to thank you for your kind review and I'm glad that you enjoyed our Wilderness River Drift Experience so much--it's one of my favorite trips as well! I'm looking forward to fishing with you again soon and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Tofino.

Owner/Head Guide
Cleanline Sportfishing
Tofino, B.C.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Thanks again for another great fishing trip with you Blake. I think this is about the fifth year with you, as we've always requested you as our guide. And now you've got your own buisness, so well done. Our regular May trip was again very fruitful with both halibut and chinook salmon. Once again, we got enough fish to last us until next May. We always tie this trip in with visits to the Pacific Rim beaches and the stores and galleries of Tofino and surrounding area. Looking forward to fishing with you again next May.
Bob and Colleen McQ.