“Stay here or be square!”

Tofino Travellers Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Tofino Travellers Guesthouse is a perfect place to stay. I stayed here for three nights with two friends and we had an amazing time. The place is very community oriented with wonderful breakfasts and nice people. Nick, the host, knows everyone by name and he takes good care of his guests. This is the perfect place to stay whether you're travelling alone or with friends. I'm actually returning next week with my boyfriend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well, as Nick, the owner, would say, it's not a hostel, it's a home. And indeed, homey, comfy, very clean, full of friendly smiley faces, Tofino Travellers Guesthouse feels like home.
It's located right in the center of Tofino, with a lovely view on the ocean and the mountains, that you can enjoy from a sunny terrasse, if you happen to be lucky with the weather. If not, from the kitchen window is beautiful too!
The beds are great, I slept like a baby. No noise disturbance because Nick makes sure that the house is quiet from 11pm, and stays so in the morning.
Like an old(er) friend, he is around to make sure that every one has a great time: that means reminding everyone to keep it tidy and clean, in a very friendly way, but also suggesting activities, setting up the ipod for dancy feet, and, of course, every morning, making his famous waffles...no waffles for you? still cut oatmeal has never tasted so good!!

It's is definitely an amazing place, that will make your trip in lovely Tofino even better. Guess what? I will be back there asap!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Honestly, I don't want to give this place such an awesome review because I'd like this place to stay a secret, but honestly, for the price it's the best around. Nick is wicked, helps you with anything you might want to do, the beds are SO comfortable, he makes a filling breakfast every morning (usually delicious homemade waffles, but bring your own real maple syrup if you want it), and there are lots of international travellers to meet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent 3+ nights at this wonderful guesthouse/hostel and from the moment I arrived, I felt at home. Nick, the owner, is an excellent host and made sure that I settled in before introducing me to other guests and inviting me to join everyone on the deck.

The guesthouse is located in the centre of Tofino, within walking distance of pretty much all you'll need (supermarket, bakery, liquor store, bank, etc). Inside it's clean and simple and has very comfortable beds (bed linen and duvet are provided; I slept in the dorm room).

The kitchen is huge with lots of cooking kit and basics (tea, coffee, spices etc). I originally thought I'd be eating out but ended up cooking most of my meals on the BBQ outside alongside other guests.

Breakfast is included - fresh, homemade waffles, cooked to order. You decide your topping (peanut butter, jam, syrup etc) and while you can eat as many as you like, I only ever managed to eat one.

While I'd done some research on things to do in Tofino, Nick is a font of local knowledge and helped me sort out a kayaking trip and suggested hiking routes.

All in all it's the nicest, friendliest, hostel I've ever stayed in. Wholeheartedly recommend.

The yellow guest house,
Warm smile of welcome,
Adventures to be had

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had been roughing it for a week (sleeping in cars/free camping/outdoor toilets) leading up to our stay at the Guesthouse and we were very tired/sore when we were welcomed in by Nick the owner and a warm fire. We stayed in the private room with a Queensize bed and ensuite with bath/shower. Includes use of the kitchen, lounge and patio space. This place is the best of both worlds. All the great things about a hostel - book exchange, left-over food, communal space, socialising but also private areas & a delicious inclusive breakfast of waffles and spreads like a B&B. Highly recommended. Would stay again. Only reason it's not a 5 star is because of the price, but Tofino is all-round expensive so what you gonna do eh?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We turned up in Tofino with no plans or reservations. I spotted Tofino Travellers on the map from the visitors centre, and my gut told me I had to stay there, and I'm so glad that we did! Staying in the "Double Trouble" room, we had our own bathroom/shower facilities - quite a relief when we found out there was only one bathroom for everyone in the dorms. But we also later learned that this problem was in the process of being solved, as a new bathroom with several individual toilet rooms and showers was under construction.

The atmosphere at Tofino Travellers was one of continued positive energy and a there was a huge sense of community. Nick was focused on ensuring we had all the information needed to fully make the most of our time in Tofino. The walls were covered with insider tips of things going on in the community, and off-beat tracks to hike and things to do.

The waffle breakfast was an added surprise, and one that we thoroughly enjoyed. We cooked our own meals in the evenings, and were pleased to find a wide selection of communal spices available as well.

If you're looking for a place to rest up and relax, Nick has got just the spot for you. I'd recommend it to anyone and will definitely make a point to return to Tofino (and hopefully the sun will join us next time).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this amazing yellow house, in one of the private bedrooms. Clean and happy guesthouse, cosy fireplace, huge waffles in the morning, a great place. We had interesting talks with Nick the owner. Louise from Zimbabwe/Australia, both guest and help, took great care of us. We loved Tofino and it's a lot thanks to this guesthouse. Do go and visit!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple