This hotel is really special. We had a fantastic time. It almost goes without saying that the location is amazing, and the views of the pacific terrific. There were two things in addition, however, that really set this hotel apart for us.
The first was the service - extremely friendly and nothing seemed too much for the staff - from showing us several rooms so we could pick the one with exactly the view that we wanted (thanks Jamie), to the doorman who went to especial care to get everything we wanted and ensure a drop of rain never fell on our heads (thanks Ron) to the reception staff who went to great lengths to get a copy of a book for us when we left as my wife hadn't finished it, to the guy who took care to ask my opinion about the new exercise bicycle in the fitness room and to all the staff who seemed to automatically know our names whenever they did anything for us. All the staff gave the impression that they were extremely proud of their hotel and keen to show it off to its best advantage, resulting in exceedingly good service.
The second thing that really made this hotel stand out was the attention to detail in the rooms. As well as all the usual luxuries (bathrobes, toiletries,coffee machines etc) our room had a hand carved fireplace, drift wood furniture, umbrellas and rain gear, binoculars and blankets and a decent little library of books on local wildlife etc. Whoever, designed the rooms did them elegantly and clearly thought hard about what the guests would need to make their visit more special. These details really helped distinguish our room from the slightly bland / corporate style that you get at some other luxury hotels.
All in all one of the best stays we've ever had in a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe