We stayed for three nights in early May 2013 in a Pointe South Deluxe room on the third floor. It was lovely. Fantastic view -- including fly-bys by the two bald eagles who seem to live at the property. It is so quiet and relaxing here. Opened the balcony door and were lulled to sleep by the sound of ocean waves. We enjoyed the in-room fireplace and cozy chairs, snuggling up to read each day. Luxurious comfy bed and beautiful bathroom, too.
Lobby areas have gorgeous views as does the library in the Beach building.
The service is terrific. Stefan on the concierge team booked bear-watching and whale-watching trips for us in advance of our arrival. Every restaurant recommendation in Tofino lived up to the billing (the food is surprisingly good in town).
The Pointe Restaurant was worth the experience. The menu is inventive and delicious. Service is paced well -- not too slow, not too rushed -- and impeccable.
The drive from Victoria is easy and beautiful.
Tofino and the Wickaninnish Inn are little gems. Don't miss out on them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe