We had looked forward to our stay for months and the Inn and its setting on the beach were everything we hoped for and more . Beautiful , spacious and luxuriously appointed room perched over the sea and rocks Perfect for whale watching from our room ( binoculars provided ) We had blue sky days and took a water taxi over to Meares island to do the boardwalk among the ancient cedars . Another trip by boat to the Hot Springs with return by sea plane -which gave fantastic views of the coastline and was fun to do. ( Backpacks, lunch pack provided- very generous portions! )
As it was a special occasion for us we were contacted by the chef to ask if we had any special requests for dinner that evening - We were happy for him to create his own menu for us and he prepared the most delightful , creative and individual experience for us - very special indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe