There are many reviews detailing out the nice ammeneties of the Wick, so I won't repeat. We went the first week of December for storm watching. If you want to spoil yourselves, this is the place. Going in the off season, it seemed like we had a private vacation in a wonderful setting. Every staff person was polite and sincere. The little details make it perfect. For example, the rubber boots are not cheap or stiff, but soft and comfortable, and they insulate from the cold ocean, should you venture in. Top quality rain gear as well. However, there are a few minor things to make you aware of. 1) The HVAC fan in the room is a bit on the noisy side, but we did not use it as the fireplace added a bit of warmth when needed, and opening the door let in some nice coolness at night, not to mention the steady rumble of the ocean waves! 2) There is wireless internet in the rooms, although on the slow side. Of course we were there to relax, but in this day and age of technology, we seem to want instant gratification when surfing the internet. 3) For Canadian travellers with cell phones, Rogers coverage is terrible, but Koodo (Telus) was good. 4) In a few years, the tree growth will block some of the excellent views from the rooms, so the hotel needs to keep this in mind. Bottom line on the Wick - would we go back? Yes. Was it worth every penny - absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe