We spent two glorious nights in #309 in the Pointe Building. This room is outstanding. Its rapt in windows, on the top floor overlooking the crashing waves. We had the fireplace for warmth and ambience and opened the sliding doors for the sounds of the ocean while cozying up under the duvet of an incredibly comfy bed. Add to this a double soaker tub in the bathroom also overlooking the ocean.
We ate and two outstanding breakfast/brunch meals and one dinner in the Point Restaurant. Fabulous room jutting out over the ocean. Best version of Eggs Benedict. It comes on cornbread with pulled pork and a little kick in the hollandaise sauce. mmmm mmmm mmmm Also recommend the French toasted Brioche with deep-fried maple ice cream. mmmmm The housemade granola and yogurt with fresh fruit was excellent. Every piece of fruit was ripe and sweet. While we did enjoy the shredded potato encrusted oysters, we were for the most part disappointed with our dinner. I'm assuming it was somehow an off-night. We also ate in the Driftwood Cafe one night. We enjoyed the casual setting and the lighter selections that night.
Its a beautiful location for beachcoming and hiking.
One thing that really struck me as how professional the staff is. They are warm, friendly and courteous, but still very professional. It was something special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe