The Wickaninnish Inn is situated on a beautiful stretch of ocean surrounded by a forest of trees.
It is a lovely setting and the hotel is understated but elegant. Our room faced the water and was really wonderful. The bed was comfortable , bathroom with heated floors spacious and had all the amenities.
There was a coffee maker , teas and a Britta for water (I appreciated the effort to curb plastic bottles)
Along with that , there were books and a fireplace .,plus an outdoor patio.
Beach cruisers were available to use and a nice aspect of Tofino is the bike path to town.
We ate breakfast in the dining room but did not eat dinner at the hotel. I wanted to try the recommended places in town, which were outstanding and not as expensive.
I thought breakfast was just ok, prices were high and typical for a luxury hotel. I always appreciate a breakfast included in the price of the rooms but that was not offered in this hotel.
I used the spa (for a fee) it was small but more than adequate, the steam room was great, however it was coed which might not be for everyones taste..
All in all our time at the Wickanninnish was delightful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe