We stayed in a Beach Villa (#37). It is a beautiful tri-level, two-bedroom attached villa directly on the beach. Full-height glass windows wrap around the corner of both the living room and master bedroom. The entire villa is designed with a contemporary, natural feel--wood ceilings, slate floors, gas fireplaces in the LR and MB, great furniture. But what you will be drawin to is that remarkable view and the sound of crashing waves right outside your balcony.
Everything you need for an extended stay has been thought of. The kitchen is well stocked with cookware and dishes. There is even a washer and dryer in the unit. The master bedroom has a large soaking tub open to the room and that beautiful view. Towels and linens are very nice quality. One curious omission is the lack of a TV in the second bedroom. I cannot imagine why you would even want to watch TV in this setting. However, it would seem logical to put one in what is undoubtedly used as a children's room.
One should be aware however that this is less of a "resort" as the name implies and more like renting a private villa. There is no daily maid service, no one to help bring your bags to the room (luggage carts are left in the parking lot for your use), no real resort amenities such as a pool or hot tubs or a gym. In fact there is not even a restaurant or lounge or convenience store on the property. It simply a beautiful accomodation on one of the prettiest and dramatic beaches to be found anywhere. I would stay there again in a heartbeat-but i do not require hotel-type amenities to enjoy my stay. Bring your own wine and cheese, coffe and breakfast and enjoy them on your balcony.
The Long Beach Lodge is located immediatley adjacent to the property. you can walk down the beach and enjoy a cocktail or a meal in their wonderful lodge should you wish to go out without driving.
Finally, do not miss taking a walk to Sunset Point. this rocky headland is the private property of the Pacific Sands and offers an astounding view of not only Cox Bay (where the resort is located) but also of Chesterman Beach and the crashing Pacific on the rocks. Bring a bottle of wine and enjoy it on one of the many benches the resort has set out to enjoy the spectacular scenery and sunsets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pacific Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino