“Amazing Resort”

Pacific Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 20, 2011

just amazing from check in to check out. Most impressive views of beautiful cox bay

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights. We were in the Sunset Point Suite, third floor of the Signature Suites. The hotel is situated at the end of Cox Bay, 5 minutes drive from Tofino. Excellent welcome at reception! The hotel is very quiet, and our room had the best view of the beach and the tiny Peninsula. We could watch surfers until late in the evening and had fabulous and romantic walks on the beach. It is so magical and peaceful, the location is ideal. The hotel does not have a restaurant, so we dined outside, partly in Tofino (Shelter, very nice), partly in Ucluelet (Blackrock resort, very nice as well) and partly in nearby Wickaninnish Inn, where we had one breakfast and 2 fabulous dinners overlooking the ocean. I believe we got the best of both places: quiet and great location of gorgeous Pacific Sands Resort, and high quality food and service at Wickaninnish Pointe Restaurant. As it was our 15 anniversary, Stephen (the GM of the hotel) kindly had a nice Moscato wine bottle in our room, a very great touch, thank you Stephen. They organized for us a whale-watching experience with Aquatic Whale Watching (very professional service) which was exciting (we saw humpbacks, sea lions and puffins). A great trail we did was thru the magic rain forest at Schooner's bay. We will sure come back to gorgeous and peaceful Tofino.

Room Tip: spend the extra money but choose the Sunset Pointe
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Absolutely beautiful location, with easy access to quiet, peaceful beach & gorgeous sunset views. Friendly, helpful service & clean, cozy rooms with all the amenities we needed.
We love the down-to-earth service & comfy suites & most of all the amazing views! We even borrowed a crab pot from the reception & made a feast at the BBQ pit which we enjoyed in our room while watching the sunset out the patio!
I love that this resort is family-run, and they have obviously put a lot of thought into trying to provide everything you could want while staying there. The peace & quiet is the best part of all.
They have lots of room options. Suitable for couples, groups of friends or families. They really have it all! Ask for specials. We've stayed 3 times & have yet to pay advertised price from website.

Room Tip: Ask for specials.
Reviewed May 1, 2011

My adult son and I stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for Easter. We liked the villa and the resort area. It's very pricy at $400+ per night (off-season) but we hadn't seen each other in almost 2 yrs so we splurged. On our last day I realized we were down to our last coffee filter. My son (33 yrs old, professional) went to the office to ask for more where he was informed we shouldn't have been using filters, all the coffee makers now have permanent filters. My son pointed out that houskeeping had been leaving them for us. The guy replied very rudely that they were wrong and shouldn't have been etc and then he proceeded to explain how the coffee maker worked to my university educated son. My son returned without any filters, totally frustrated and insulted. I grabbed the remaining filter and the basket from the machine and stormed down to the office in the pouring rain. I dropped the basket on the counter and demanded they show me this permanent filter. The rude guy hid in the back of the office and let a clerk run about apologizing and looking for filters. He slunk out of the office and went to hide in the back as I glared at him from the front. Finally the girl found me some filters and said she'd put them in a bag for me so they wouldn't get wet.....SERIOUSLY?!?....I was standing there soaking wet from having to go to the office to get a bloody 5 cent filter and she was going to protect them from the rain!!!!! I snarled "Don't bother!" and took the filters and left. I emailed the resort manager Lara via their website and told her what had happened and how disappointed I was in the resort. That was a week ago and she's never responded. This totally ruined my impression of this resort. There is no restaurant, it's full of surfers and is dog friendly (found dog poop on the beach). I might have returned before the episode with the customer "service" guy and the failure of the manager to respond but now I wouldn't. This resort is well maintained and in a lovely area but lacks professionalism. Have fun and drink tea!!

• Stayed: April 2011
10  Thank sok30_11
pacificsands, Manager at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

We are sorry that your stay was less than immaculate. Please know that I did respond to your message on Wednesday, a copy of which is below. We would like to redeem our hard earned reputation over the many years we have built to exceed our customers expectations, by offering you a return 2 night stay in a 2 Bedroom Villa, as our guests. Please contact me directly for arrangements. Again, our apologies for this slip, it is not what we stand for at our Resort..I shall look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Sincerely yours........

Lara Kemps
Resort Manager

Good afternoon;

Thank you for your message, obviously we are disappointed with reading some of the details of your experience, we are concerned your stay was less than immaculate. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss in detail the areas of concern regarding your stay at Pacific Sands. Please call me at 1-800-565-2322 extension 108.

Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2011

The staff were welcoming and informative on our arrival. Once we were checked into our Light House Suite it was our "home away from home". We had a lovely view overlooking the ocean and were able to enjoy it from our balcony which was protected from the wind. Our unit was quiet and comfortable...perfect for a relaxing 3 days.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

We only stayed at Pacific Sands for one night but it left a lasting impression. We arrived late in the day, tired from our drive. The front desk staff were courteous and friendly and quickly had us checked into our Lighthouse Suite. The room was cute and comfortable, with charming little 'west coast' touches, very cozy. Everything seemed very clean and I was surprised that the kitchen was so well stocked with cooking equipment. If we had been staying longer, it would have been fun to prepare some meals in the suite. The beach was gorgeous and there were only a few other people around. It was very quiet and peaceful. I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2011

A wonderful resort in a wonderful location. We stayed in an ocean view studio in the lodge building. The room had everything that one could want, including a beautiful ocean view. The only thing that seemed dated within the room, was the kitchen cupboards, but who cares when you're in paradise.

I can't say enough good things about the resort....you just have to see it to believe it!! The only down fall was no restaurant on site however two resorts down at the the Long Beach Resort we found a wonderful dinner with a wonderful view.

If you are thinking about heading to Tofino, and you should, I HIGHLY recommend this resort!! Would go back in a hearbeat!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms by the looks of it!!!