All reviewsocean breeze suitelookout suitegarden cottagechesterman beachtodd lyndagrinderperfect hostsfully equipped kitchenrubber bootscrashing wavesvancouver islandfire pitwe've stayedspent nightscoffee makerstorm watchingtofino area
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Chesterman beach B+B for our anniversary in 2009 and we enjoyed our experience so much that we had to come back. We can't say enough about this place! Tofino is one of the most breath-taking places in BC (both in the summer and winter). The B+B is right on the beach; from our single private entry suite (the "Lookout") we have a perfect view of the ocean and you can hear the waves crashing as you go to sleep! What is nice about this place is that it is not a room in someone's home as with traditional B+B's. We stayed in a completely private suite with its own balcony. The room has a fireplace, a deep soaker tub, coffee maker, refrigerator and the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in.
The caretakers, Tod and Linda are very friendly, helpful and available yet thankfully just leave you to do whatever you want without any intrusion. Instead of the typical communal breakfast, they put it in a side room so we could grab it in our bathrobes and enjoy it in our room; very private and romantic.
They are just a five minute drive from Tofino where you can choose from several restaurants, there is a surfing school or two, whale watching tours, a seaplane port ect.
We spent most of our time reading books and relaxing or simply walking the beach and taking pictures. It is a truly amazing beach!
We highly recommend this B+B and have already booked our third stay in 2011.

Jesse and Trina Church

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I have kept my eye on the Chesterman for a long time, waiting for the opportunity to travel back to Tofino and try it out. I finally had the chance, and I am so happy I did! Todd and Lynda were absolutely wonderful! I was there to write, and they completely respected my privacy. I stayed at the Lookout, right on the beach! It has a separate entrance and is raised for an amazing view of the ocean. They were renovating another part of the place, and occasionally Todd would sneak up the stairs to let me know if they were going to be loud. I could tell he felt bad about interrupting. The renos didn't bother me at all, and the slight noise was definitely outweighed by the amazing view of the ocean and the beautiful room! I spoke with Todd the most, but both he and Lynda were excellent hosts! Friendly, organized, and quick with recommendations for sight-seeing and places to eat! I really enjoyed my time there, and will definitely be back! There's nothing like coming out of the wind and rain into a beautifully decorated, wonderfully cozy cabin! You can really tell that Todd and Lynda love what they do and where they live! Thanks for a great experience!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We stayed in the Lookout Suite for three nights and it was every bit as cozy, well-equipped and charming as described by all the other wonderful reviews. The four poster bed, gas fireplace and deep soaker tub are all luxuries. It was so nice to be warm and cozy inside while listening to the heavy rain and wind. In the morning, the beach view is magnificent as you peek out at surfers and locals walking their dogs. When we arrived, Todd informed us that Lynda had a last-minute emergency and needed to fly out of Tofino, though she usually makes the breakfast. I expected Todd to say that he'd take over and do his best, but not only did he apologize profusely and take breakfast off our bill, he actually bought us breakfast at the Wickaninnish Inn! A true sign of a gracious host and top-notch service. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2009

We were in Tofino for 9 days and stayed in the Ocean Breeze Suite - a charming, spacious, comfortable, and very private "home away from home". The location is stunning. Being able to look out onto the beach and the waves, while lounging in the living-room or in the attached sunroom, was an exceptional treat. The beach is steps from the door and private deck. The fine hard-packed sand makes the ease of walking on the beach a rare experience.

Todd and Lynda did their utmost to ensure that we had everything. We liked having a kitchen with the option of cooking our meals. On lazy days, we chose to treat ourselves with "breakfasts by Lynda". They were fabulous and creative. Todd and Lynda's personal touches made us feel very well taken care of. They are both knowledgeable about the area and will recommend restaurants, walks, and they will contact guides for you, depending on what your interests are. Just ask.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pawsandtwigs
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We celebrated my 30th birthday early by making a trip to Tofino and my partner booked Chesterman Beach B&B for our escape. We stayed in the Garden Cottage and our hosts were gracious enough to give us our space (we are VERY low maintenance guests). Todd is a magnificent artist and I wish I had had realized earlier that all the photos and art were his because I would have liked to have chatted with him about his mad photography skills. Lynda was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about the area, where to eat, what to see, where to go. It is located on a quiet street and right on the beach. The fireplace, cozy living space, large pot to cook crab and no TV made the stay even better. We can't thank you enough Lynda and Todd!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple