Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$509
$394
Meares Vista Inn(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$164
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsocean breeze suitegarden cottagechesterman beachtodd lyndagrindergreat hostsfully equipped kitchenrubber bootscrashing wavesvancouver islandwe've stayedspent nightscoffee makerstorm watchingtofino areawickaninnish innsunroom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in the Look-out Suite to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary! I couldn't imagine a more romantic place in the world! The views were breathtaking and the elevated loft being completely seperated from the main house provided complete privacey. Attention to detail in the suite such as the Salt Spring Island organic soaps and Todd's professional photography of the rainforest were really nice touches.

We stayed at the Wickaninnish Inn 5 years ago and although nice, didn't compare to Chesterman B&B for the views, privacey and access to the beach. ( or price!! )
We'll be coming back ...the sooner the better!

Thanks so much for a great stay, Todd and Linda!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have travelled extensively across Canada in the last few years in search of the perfect retreat. My stays include the most romantic boutique hotels and spas in Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, but you really can't beat this. The rough seas and gorgeous sands right on your front door step are breath taking. Linda and Todd are the MOST gracious hosts. I consider myself fortunate to have discovered Chesterman Beach B&B.

Room Tip: If you like to be on the beach there are great selections to choose from.
Reviewed October 9, 2011

...this is the place you want to choose.

I have been to Tofino before but had not spent a night there until I wanted to treat my partner to the 'West Coast' experience. As she had never seen the Ocean before, I knew I would need the perfect place to stay and I found it in the Chesterman Beach B&B. At the time of booking, I didn't know this is the ONLY B&B ON THE BEACH in Tofino but the pictures sold me and we were not at all disappointed. The second we stepped through the breezeway and saw the view, we both said, "Oh, we are definitely coming back here again!"

I booked with Todd and we were met by Lynda who gave us the 'tour' of our new found piece of heaven. With a relaxed tone and friendly smile, Lynda showed us all the amenities, including wet weather gear(just in case, they have thought of everything) and asked what time we would like breakfast. We thought a late service would be best for us and she was only too happy to accommodate this as it meant she got to 'sleep in, too'. Breakfast is optional so I guess we were the only ones needing it that day. This B&B is a little different in that the three available rooms are separate from each other and pretty well 'self contained'. There is no 'common area' in the house so you really get the feeling of a private experience.

We spent a couple of hours wandering the beach exploring and then went into town for dinner at the recommended 'Sobo' restaurant. Dinner was delicious and desert was incredible (Flourless Chocolate Bomb!)

Since we only had basically one day to take everything in, we rose early and got some great morning mist photos. When we returned from our morning explorations, our breakfast was ready precisely at 10am as we had requested. The hot food was hot, and stayed that way, and the fruit cups and juice were chilled to perfection. For a 'simple eggs, spuds and sausage' breakfast, the presentation was exquisite and the food delicious; better than anything I have eaten anywhere.

We highly recommend this spot if you are looking for a little piece of heaven on earth.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'Lookout' room and I would have to say it has the best view of the three rooms available.
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in the Garden Cottage and loved every minute of it. The cottage has it's own private yard and deck. It is also behind the main house that sits on the beach which worked well for us because it allowed us to be very close to the beach but to be buffered from the noise of the surf, which can make it hard for my wife and I to sleep. So being in the cottage is nice if you like a quiet private setting. It is rustic and not large, but very comfortable and inviting. There are lots of nice appointments like a sitting area with couch and easy chair, gas fireplace, stereo system and Wifi. There is a full kitchen which had everything we needed. Most places with kitchens have limited accessories and cooking utensils, but not here. We had every available appliance and cooking accessory we needed to make full meals easily. The owners clearly were trying to go above and beyond to supply their guests. This was also reflected in their attentiveness. We never had a question or a need that was not addressed quickly and with enthusiasm. Todd spent a lot of time giving us tips on things to see, places to eat, etc. and they all turned out to be spot on. Both Todd and Lynda are gracious hosts and we'd love to return someday for another visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I returned this September to Todd and Linda's beautiful BnB on Chesterman Beach. It was recommended to us years ago and we have returned 4 times, twice staying in the little cottage and twice with my visiting parents from Ontario in the 2 room suite. Every time, it is an impeccable experience. Todd and Linda and their dog Murphy always greet us with warm enthusiasm. As a photographer, Todd's knowledge of the area is an absolute must, as he directed us recently to the exact spot to observe bears in the wild (great pictures as proof!). His easy manner creates a very comfortable environment. The suite has been upgraded and finished with all the finest details. Even on the wildest, rainiest days, it is a joy to stay inside with a book by the fire, listening to the raging wind and surf outside. The view is unbelievable from the glass sun room, framed by low bush and overhanging evergreens. Todd supplies all the firewood for the beach side fire, which is occasionally washed away by the tide, where you can sit with a drink and family and spend the whole day with a book or simply people watch. The Inn is close to Tofino and Long Beach and all the little gems along the way for easy and quick getaways. I say quick, because you really do not want to be away for long from this property. The drive from Nanaimo along Highway 4 is a wonderful rollercoaster ride through mountain and forest, making Chesterman Beach BnB all that more luxurious and welcoming when you arrive.

I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else. Thanks Todd, Linda and Murphy.

Room Tip: If it is romance you need, then the Look Out is for you. Limited cooking facilities though. For a cozy small family experience, the cottage is ideal with a private sitting and playing yard, but you don't have a direct view of the beach. However, the beach is only steps away. For four adults and a couple kids, the suite is beautiful! It has everything you will need for any type of weather or event. All new appliances and absolutely comfortable beds. Beach views and steps to the beach. Keep the windows open at night and let the surf lull you to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family