All reviews common room great location budget hotel soap and shampoo walking distance to everything clean rooms lounge area free coffee main floor stayed for nights essentials luxury bathtub linens walks bay
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We loved the room and the view from our window! Grocery store next door with a kitchen to share made it so convenient. The hotel was clean and walking distance to everything. Great time and we will be back!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018

The lodge is on top of a liquor store and a shady looking nightclub. It looks a bit run down, but in side.. It's tasteful decor, some danish furniture and a friendly and helpfull staff. I had room 108, it was big and comfortable. It's a good location just by 1st street and it has parking in the back, which at times can be a challenge in Tofino.

Wifi sucked, but it really doesn't matter - who want's to look at emails when you are in such a nice area.

Room Tip: rooms facing the back.. but then no view
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

What a great view and friendly place!
We like the staff, the music, the place and the pub. We will come back next summer. With no hesitation.
Was great to hear our friend playing music.
Thank you guys!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2018

A fantastic experience from start to finish. The Maq is easy to find and located close to the waterfront with amazing views across the bay from the reception area/lounge and from my room. Incredible for sunset watching.The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and there is a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere in the lounge area, there was even a cello recital and free local wine tasting one of the evenings I was there! I stayed for 3 nights and can honestly say the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, a generous king with what must have been some kind of luxury mattress topper..... I had excellent sleep whilst I was there. I'll be going back for sure...........

Room Tip: I'd ask for one of the second floor rooms facing the water
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at the Maq and had a great experience. The room we stayed in was clearly recently renovated with a comfortbale king bed.

We were able to literally walk everywhere during our stay as the hotel was right in town, including dinners, our bear watching tours, and for our groceries.

Staff were super nice and welcoming as well. We will definitely be coming back to the Maq when we visit Tofino again!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple