MacKenzie Beach Resort
Tofino Resort + Marina(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$142
Very Good 4/5
Duffin Cove Oceanfront Lodging(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$118
Very Good 4/5
Tofino Motel HarbourView(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$138
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$150
$110
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Jamie's Rainforest Inn(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$102
$237
Great 4.5/5
Cox Bay Beach Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$257
Great 4.5/5
Middle Beach Lodge(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$119
$71
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmackenzie beachcoffee grinderwood stovebedroom cabinpouring raingreat beachoff seasonsound of the wavestofino areaocean viewstorm watchingdorothydogfirewoodkitchensurfingwalks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2014

the excellent service started months ago when I first started to enquire about the facilities. After changing our minds (and our reservations) three times - Ben was still friendly and helpful. The great service continued from the moment we arrived until we left four days later. Our questions were answered and our various requests were met very quickly and with a smile. Very comfortable accommodations and you can't beat the view.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Hi Vicki,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Mackenzie Beach. The view from our beachfront cottages is great and I am glad you still enjoyed your time after all the rain we had.

Also a big thanks to you for your comments on our service. We try to go the extra mile for every customer and we of course hope that this also comes across.

All the best and hope to see you again, the storm season is also very impressive in one of our beachfront cottages....

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Decided to stay with Mackenzie Beach Resort for 2 nights while visiting Tofino for some surfing. We stayed in a one bedroom cabin with a partial ocean view, it was clean, cozy and cute!! The staff were more than accommodating and helpful with any questions we had. The resort has a great sized salt water pool and a hot tub. Everything was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable! I would most definitely recommend Mackenzie Beach to anyone looking to stay in Tofino! I will be back :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Vanislgirl,

Thank you very much for your recent review of the MacKenzie Beach Resort.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to see that you have noticed all the positive changes that we as new managers have put into place.

I would love to have you stay again at our resort
and I wish you in the meantime all the best.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here for one night over the Easter long weekend. We had already booked two days at another resort, but when we decided to stay an extra day, they could not accommodate the two of us and our dog. We spoke to Ben at MacKenzie Beach and were able to negotiate a great deal for a 2 Bedroom oceanview cottage. We have passed by this place for years mainly because it wasn't welcoming and reviews were so so. We went in with no expectations, just happy to have a place to stay. The cabin was huge, the views were spectacular and the proximity to the beach was perfect. This place is real Tofino - rustic, loads of dishes and mugs and they don't match, but they work. Bed was comfy, bathroom was clean and well stocked. Firewood supplied for the wood stove. When we checked in, Ben directed us to the cabin (actually led us there) opened it up and offered to carry our bags. Didn't get that service at the resort at the other end of the beach. The grounds are the same - not terribly welcoming, but this helps keep this little gem a secret. The only thing that would make this place perfect is a deck off the front of these cabins to enjoy the beautiful views. Well done MacKenzie Beach Resort!

Room Tip: Ocean Front or Ocean View are great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear DKF03,

Thank you very much for your recent review of the MacKenzie Beach Resort.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback is much appreciated.

I try to have a personal interaction with all guests checking in with us, I believe that this creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for everybody staying here.

Once more I would like to thank you and I hope to see you again next time in Tofino, this time with more sunshine.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Coming to Tofino at least 5 times a year, my girlfriend, dog & I are so happy we discovered Mackenzie! Having stayed in pretty much every hotel on the water front Mackenzie is your best bang for buck, hands down. The staff & management was very accommodating & friendly. You get an ocean front luxury experience for half the price you are going to pay at any of the high end place's in Tofino. Another great selling point for us was there salt water pool & hot tub, which after a long day surfing there was nothing better. I almost didn't want to right this review as Mackenzie seems like Tofino's last hidden gem. Well Done Mackenize Beach Resort, I'm sure we will be coming back for many more visit's!

Room Tip: Any of the cabins.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your great review of the Mackenzie Beach Resort. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.
My partner and I have taken over as new managers and we are eager to show everybody what a marvelous little "gem" the resort actually is.

I hope to see you again in the future, come rain or shine, Tofino is worth a travel.

Ben & Maddie

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Two of my children and myself headed out for a spontaneous road trip, after a long winter indoors. We packed in 20 minutes, headed out the door and drove to Tofino. After stopping at the dollar store to pick up shovels and pails we drove to Long Beach. By the late afternoon we decided it would sure be fun to find a room to stay in so we could come back to build more sandcastles the next day. Preferably somewhere with a pool or hot tub. We pulled into the Mackenzie Resort and were greeted with very friendly and very accommodating staff. They gave us a beautiful room at a very reasonable rate and made sure we were very well taken care of. I will be recommending all my friends and family to come here and I will also be returning to this Resort in the near future and for many more very much needed, relaxing and fun filled stays myself.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family