“Always amazing!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tofino
Crystal Cove Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, Canada
“Always amazing!!!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I and our dog go every year....we just returned from Crystal Cove staying in our favorite beach front cabin! The place is amazing....dog friendly and so nice they cater to our dogs, with dog towels, a dog blanket , poop bags and a doggy wash station....a lovely new addition this year was a plastic dog bowl to use during our stay! The cabin has been newly renovated and has everything and more you could want...the staff at the front desk exceptionally friendly....now also a Starbucks coffee bar with a free coffee each morning during our stay. The weather this time in November was cold, and clear sunny skies...beautiful for walks and the dogs were clean and loved their runs on the beach. We did miss the storm watching, and the sound of the surf at night...as it was so calm...but the wolves I heard during the night was a wonderful thing to behold!!! My only fear is that the resort will eventually put hot tubs in every cabin, causing the rates to go up much higher than they are now.....we do hope they keep some cabins without hot tubs and a beachfront one...so that we can continue to come every year and enjoy without the additional rates due to the installation of a hot tub....please keep your faithful long time guests in mind....the grounds are immaculate....and the service is exceptional!!! As long as we can stay off season in the winter without the rates going sky high, we will return each year....the best place in Tofino by far!!!! Thank you Crystal Cove for another wonderful birthday experience!!! The bottle of wine, chocolates and special consideration for our dogs is so appreciated....!!!! Love Crystal Cove Beach Resort!!! The very best!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JJ B, General Manager at Crystal Cove Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Kathy.

Thanks for all your kind words about our little piece of paradise. I can promise you that beachfront cabins 1, 2 & 13 will always be available for you without a hot tub. We are planning to install our last 2 hot tubs this year on cabin 16 & 17 as there is demand for these to have hot tubs.

Yes we do love pets of all kind. In fact we do pictures with Santa for kids, pets and adults alike on Saturdays in late November and December and there is always a treat or two to be found in the office.

See you next year.

J.J. Belanger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I don't want to review as this is such a magical place and 'the best' camping place we have stopped at on VI. I want to keep it quite and all to ourselves as this place, staff and the facilities are just great. Been back twice this year....

Room Tip: We used our RV
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

As I type this, I wonder if it will post. I am using the internet here...and every year I am told it will get better and every year, it is the same. The internet is awful. But most probably don't care as they don't come here to be on the internet. That is not me though, I live in White Rock, surrounded by ocean and beauty, so coming here is like living at home except without the ability to go and do stuff. Yup, I am not a surfer or an explorer. I like sitting at the beach, in the sun, surfing the internet. I come here because the rest of my family loves it here...so that is why the internet is so important to me...it gives me something to do. Oh well...so it is a weekend with uber slow internet (if any at all) and thankfully I can upload a few pictures to facebook about our trip on my phone via data.

The resort though...it is beautiful. The cabins are great (I do hate the fact that there is no dishwasher in the cheaper units) and now they serve Starbucks coffee. That just about makes up for the fact that the internet is bad HEE HEE HEE. I think this is our 4th or 5th year coming and again, we love the resort. We get a unit without a hot tub and no view as we have a hot tub at home and we can walk to a view anytime (we live near the ocean). So we try to get the cheapest cabins. They supply wood and presto logs all the time. So we can have a fire in our living room. the kitchen is stocked very nice (along with Starbucks grounds). Now I wish they would put a TV in the living room instead of the bedroom. It is much comfier to sit on the couch instead of the bed. Again, they do not cater to people like me, so I am guessing most people don't want a tv in the living room. Why should they cater to someone like me...I am a city girl and I love the amenities of the city. But for those people who love to get away from the city and see the country...this is the perfect place for you. It is quiet, peaceful and still has all the items you need to make a vacation fun. The ocean is just outside your door and if you get the weather right, you even can see some good storms.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the website for cabin selection. They have a great map of where each cabin is l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JJ B, General Manager at Crystal Cove Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Louiesowner.

I am pleased to her you enjoyed (for the most part) your annual family get together at Crystal Cove and I am very happy to see you have all booked again for next year.

Some of the items you commented on are a challenge in a remote area such as ours. However, we did spend over $20K on a new state of the art open mesh wireless internet system this spring for the resort. Unfortunately there is no fiber optic that comes to the coast so the bandwidth is narrow to say the least. We have about 1/3 of the speed that a major city would normally have. The weekend you were here our system did have a major glitch with a power spike that disabled one of our modems cutting our slower speed in half and crippling the system for the entire weekend. It has now been repaired and is back up and running. Hopefully next time the speed will be at it's peak for you.

As for the dishwashers, we only have 4 cabins out of 34 with dishwashers. These 4 cabins are our 2 story family cabins that can sleep up to eight people and often host big families and for this reason we did install dishwashers in these cabins.

We often have guests ask why we installed the TV's in the bedrooms and not in the living room. Until 3 years ago we did not have any TV's in the cabins. When we asked our guests they suggested we put them in the bedrooms as they preferred not to have TV's in the living room so they could enjoy the tranquility of the resort. They did tell us that a TV would be great so that they could plunk the kids in the bedroom with one of our over 500 movies in stock and still enjoy a quiet night by the fire. In all our 2 bedroom cabins we have an extra cable outlet in the living room and upon request we can either move the TV from the bedroom to the living room or just bring you an extra TV for your stay.

Thanks again for your positive comments about your experience at the Cove.

I look forward to seeing you and the family again next fall.

J.J. Belanger
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I go and stay here every year. We love the cabins and the grounds are beautiful. We also love the fact we can take our dogs with us. I would say it is the best place to stay in Tofino. Will continue to enjoy crystal cove for many years to come.

Room Tip: We really love cabins 7.8.9
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everyone at Crystal Cove was great and made our stay in Tofino wonderful. We loved our time at “The Cove” walking the beach, soaking in the hot tub while taking in the spectacular view and finally enjoying the great coffee prepared lovingly by your talented Barista. Our cabins came with a well-appointed kitchen, great quality linens and comforters and everything else we needed. The grounds and gardens were impeccable and Tofino is just a short drive but we usually used the path and cycled or walked to town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gordfriesen
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location, close drive/bike/even walk to Tofino.
The cabin itself was very clean and had all household appliances you could need (toaster, measuring cups, utensils, starter-wood for fireplace, etc). The king size bed was very comfortable and clean. The staff for the most part were helpful and friendly and there is a Starbucks counter inside the main office! Heat was electronic board throughout with gas fireplace upstairs and wood burning downstairs.
The only downside was the firewood was not dry being outside, so we would recommend to keep a few bundles inside the cabin.
Also, housekeeping does not enter your cabin while you are staying in it, instead you leave your dirty linens and towels outside and they replace it was clean ones, then you make your own bed, change towels, etc. for garbage, you throw it out in their big bins before 1500hrs each day.
Mackenzie beach access is excellent and very beautiful!

Overall, we would stay here again and recommend the cabin for a romantic getaway as a couple, two couples, or a small family!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alia J
Huddersfield
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A hop skip and a jump and you were on the beach. The log cabin was classic Canadian living with all the mod cons. They had thought of everything. There was even a bottle of wine and a box of choclates. There was a great stone fireplace floor, to ceiling, in the corner of the front room. No searching for wood for the fire it was all provided along with kindling, fire lighters and matches. A barbi on the deck and chairs to watch the sun set over the Pacific. The view was of the blue ocean dotted with pine covered islands just off-shore. With daylight there were kayakers and paddle boarders, at night the occational fishing boat and spectacular starlight display. The curving sands of McKenzie beach is a great place for families and walkers; a magnet for photographers at sunset. The cabin was excellent, the setting stunning, all in all we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Go for the cabins right on the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family